Account Manager : ESSA region
Location: UK (home based)
Salary: £60k Circa + benefits
The Client: A major manufacturer within the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and Subsea sector (also supplying other industries) specialising in Joint Integrity.
The key function of the Account Manager is the development of new customers in his/her designated region, to ensure that the Sales Entity is able to meet its growth targets through excellent communications and sales skills. Cross border (inter-company) communication is a prerequisite and as a result will make knowledge of the English language essential.
- Execute day-to-day business improvement activities.
- As key contact initiates, develops and builds professional relationship with end-users and new sales opportunities in the area of responsibility.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into profitable incremental turnover through Distribution.
- Prepare and Manage professional quotations, active follow-up and successful conversion into orders, in general via the distribution channel.
- Liaise between Application Engineer/Specialist to solve applications/needs using standard and/or custom designed products.
- Cooperate well with all local and regional colleagues to develop and implement global, regional and local strategies within the region that will result in exceeding the annual financial targets.
- Promote the company products, systems and services by organizing and executing distributor/customer activities, such as presentations, seminars and training sessions.
- Specify company products and solutions at end-users.
- Reports to the Regional Manager on all commercial activities within the territory, complaints, trends, competitive actions and any recommendations to improve sales results and productivity.
- Executes on marketing activities (i.e. Local Market Mapping, the company on-line and Voice of Customer (VOC).
- Will adhere to the company's policies, rules and other guidelines as mandatory for a public company in the USA.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering/Management or Business Administration and/or equivalent related field experience is required.
- Technical affinity and understanding of industrial markets are required.
- A minimum of 3 years of sales experience and well developed presentation- and commercial negotiation skills are needed.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required; all other languages are advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills, works and communicates well with internal colleagues and external customers.
- Energetic and proactive initiator; must present a professional and articulate image.
- Able to work to deadlines; excellent organizational skills.
- Takes full responsibility for completion of own projects.
- Works well with minimal supervision; self-discipline and motivation.
- Flexible and professional approach to work.
- Confident and assertive.
- Good working knowledge of Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); knowledge of a CRM package is beneficial.
- Effective and efficient travelling of at least 60-80% within the allocated region (occasional outside of the designated region) is required.
- Structured, analytical, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Possesses long-term and short-term planning skills.
- Is used to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Entrepreneurial skills, understands the fun and challenge in growing a company within a multinational environment and to take it to a next level.
- Will respect the Functional Guidelines.
- All internal company communication has to be conducted in English.
- The use of CRM (SalesForce.com) is mandatory in the job.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181