Role: Air Weapon Capability Manager – Project Co-ordinator
Contract Length: 23 months
Location: High Wycombe, Lincoln or Bristol
Salary: £400 daily rate plus Expenses
Security Clearance: DV (Must be active)
CV Deadline: 3rd at 3pm
Interview Process: Skype Interview
Please note the role may close early depending on level of response.
- SO2 Attack Weapons will be supporting the Wing Commander in charge of delivering a very broad area of responsibility as charged by Assistant Chief of Staff Air Capability Deliver - Combat Air.
- These tasks include stockpile management of all combat air weapons, approving the use of weapons for trials and training requirements and informing operational commanders of the implications of the use of weapons and limitations this may cause.
- This requires a sound understanding of weapons and Air power as the role will often be asked for SME input to a wide field of operations, capabilities and impacts of gaps or arising issues.
- The role is also charged with leading the Air Environment Working Group and drafting the submission to the Key Munitions Planning Group in Head Office.
- The task requires knowledge of the military tasks and an understanding of war fighting concepts and scales.
- The role will also involve access and management of Special Access Programs, DV and checks required.
- The role is also charged with working closely with the weapons PMO to generate and deliver options and cost requests to initiate or change Air Command Programs of Record.
- The role will require the ability to run Capability Integration Working Groups and Acceptance cases for delivering new capability into Air Cmd, either directly or supporting Weapons Evaluation and Capability Assurance team in Head Office.
- It will also involve close workings with delivery teams at DE&S ABW, both in the Weapons Operating Centre and in the Combat Air team.
- A basic understanding of military procurement, risk and project management will assist as the role deputises for the Air Weapons Prog Mgr and Prog Director.
- Finally, the role is the co-ord and deputy for the NATO ACG2, acting as UK PoC and owner of STANAGs.
- A knowledge of Air Power, a SME in weapons and platform capabilities and recently in the field due to the repaid nature of how weapons change. Ideally a Qualified Weapons Instructor (RAF) or a Deep Weapons SME.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181