Role: Application Support Analyst - Shift work, covering 24/7 365, 14 X 12 hour sifts over 28 days, 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am, each shift has 3 workers.
Contracting Authority: BPDTS working for Department for Work snd Pension
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: Newcastle, Benton Park View
IR35: In Scope
Salary: £350 to £400pd Umbrella,
- Ability to work in a disciplined environment under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- Experience of working VME (TPMS/IDMSX/BATCH),
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge; Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Works independently to deliver agreed outcomes - but works equally well in a team
Security Clearance: SC Clearance
CV Deadline: Monday at 12pm
Interview Process: In Person
PLEASE NOTE: This role is shift work, covering 24/7 365, 14 X 12 hour sifts over 28 days, 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am, each shift has 3 workers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Run conformity checks at key stages throughout the project;
- Ensure that Service Management have an effective mechanism for bringing new or amended services into the production environment;
- Assist in shaping AIS best practice and processes, including leading a stream of work;
- To provide Delivery teams a single point of contact from within Service Management to ensure that service requirements are identified and addressed throughout in the project lifecycle;
- To liaise with other parts of service management and its stakeholders to resolve any areas of risk and to provide recommendations and/or escalation; Work with Special Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify the Service Management acceptance requirements and provide assurance that the Project Manager delivers those requirements;
- To collate checklist responses and produce a handover report containing risks, issues, recommendations and observations for the Senior Management team;
- Produce regular Management Information (MI) reporting.
As an Application Support Analyst the applications you will be supporting are critical to DWP.
You, along with the team, will be responsible to ensure these are kept online and running as they affect thousands of DWP users, who in turn provide services to millions of vulnerable UK citizens.
We serve people from every possible background from all across the UK, and we are looking for applicants who reflect that diversity and who share our values on equality.
You will be energetic with a positive outlook and have the ability to motivate yourself and your colleagues in the team through challenging times. You are technically gifted with an investigative way of thinking and enjoy the challenge of getting stuck into issues to find out why things aren’t working.
You are someone who is able to work under pressure and accustomed to change.
Your strong technical background will allow to learn and picks up skills fast. Ideally, you would have had a role within application support and specifically VME in the past.
Your role The Application Support Analyst supports multiple live applications, liaising with all areas of the business. These roles are specifically in VME/Legacy skillsets and knowledge is needed to hit the ground running.