AWS and Unix Systems Administrator
• IR35 Scope: Out of Scope
• Deadline for questions: 4 hours from distribution
• The Maximum Pay Rate/Not including any fees just payable to candidate: £500.00 Ltd
• Location: Croydon, Lunar House
• Travel: Occasional
• Contract Length: 12 months
• Security Clearance Level Required: Must have SC Clearance ot higher(Not Lapsed)
Brief Description The main objective of this request is to procure specialist skill set for the HO DACC Strategic Service a new build and design is required to move the DACC Alpha and Beta system to a new Home Office Hosting site in AWS it has been agreed by the DACC that new skills are required to progress with the build into Home Office Hosting in AWS.
The move has identified an urgent need for resource to cover the business-critical elements of the DACC system. The required service support request is for AWS Operational skills (Architecture and Operations) Strong Unix System Administration and knowledge and experience with Database Management (Sql and PostgresQL) providing low level technical design and assurance.
The Service contract needed must include priority considerations as listed within this application
- Travel Croydon as required 95%
Farnborough as required 5% Cody Technology Park Old Ively Road Farnborough Hampshire GU14 0LX
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Monitoring, installation, configuration, management and maintenance of the UNIX Solaris Systems, to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Implementation and release of changes as submitted by the development team or customer(s).
- Monitoring system hardware to ensure timely escalation and resolution of any faults.
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues.
- Providing application, maintenance and support.
- Gather and assimilate customer(s) requirements for new IT Systems.
- Adding new systems and removing redundant systems.
- Prioritisation of workload to meet customer requirements and expectations .
- Reporting any incident or situation where it is suspected the security has, or may have been compromised.
- Knowledge and awareness of Project Management principles.
- IT Security Awareness.
- Planning and Risk Management skills.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Principles and Freedom of Information Act .
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and IT service providers.
- Solaris Administration.
- Working knowledge of UNIX Solaris Systems.
- Practical experience of server software and hardware build and maintenance.
1. Installation, configuration and Management of the HODAC Unix/Linux variants (RHEL, Centos, Scientific etc etc)
2. Installation, configuration and management of AWS deployments.
3. Define and document the AWS best practice using standards and principles defined by the Home Office I&P team
4. Data Security Management: Managing and protecting all aspects of information technology security.
5. Low level design: Design and document processes to optimise and enhance day to day operations.
6. Support UAT work for new software and hardware implementations
- 1. Linux Management and Administration
- 2. AWS Installation and Management
- 3. Linux Administration and Management (RHEL, Centos etc.)
- 4. Knowledge and Experience in Terraform
- 5. Knowledge and Experience in Kubernetes
- 1. Linux System Administration
- 2. AWS Skills
- 3. EC2 Skills
- 4. S3 Skills
- 5. RDS Skills
- 6. VPC Skills