Role: Benefits Manager
Rate: up to £500/day (Umbrella)
Duration: 12 Months
Security Clearance: SC Clearance preferred
- Leads and implements the Programmes benefits management strategy, guidance and realisation plan, uplifting when necessary to reflect changes to organisational maturity.
- Provides capability building and champions the use of best practice in benefits management throughout the programme lifecycle.
- Works in consultation with key benefit stakeholders to refine and develop the benefits management approach.
- Provides subject matter expertise on benefits management for team members and the wider portfolio directorate.
- Develops and implements tools, templates and standards for effective benefits management at portfolio/programme/project level.
- Leads benefits-mapping workshops to support clear articulation of financial and non-financial Programme benefits and to drive understanding in the relationship between programme outputs, outcomes and benefits.
- Ensures that planned benefits have appropriate indicators, are baselined and captured within benefit profiles.
- Provides assurance on the effectiveness of benefits management practices at programme and project level.
- Owns the programme level benefits forecast to inform the programme business case and value for money.
- Ensures that business case benefits are aligned to the Agency’s strategy and avoids double counting.
- Updates the forecast to reflect approved initiative-level changes at stage/phase gates and portfolio-level reviews.
- Approves consolidated progress reports on benefits realisation for programme reporting to the governing body.
- Escalates any benefits-related issues via the Programme Manager to the governing body as required.
- Sets the standards for, and monitors, post-implementation reviews to compare benefits realised with benefits forecast.
- Identifies lessons learned in relation to benefits management for wider dissemination.
- Managing Successful Programmes
- Formal benefits management qualifications
- Essential: Experience of implementing and managing a benefits management model in a large and complex portfolio of work
- Desirable: Experience of working within a law enforcement environment/Government
- Security Clearance: SC Preferred
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181