Our client a leading Central Government body is seeking a Head of Business Analysis / Practice Lead, someone who has managed all Business Analysts in an organisation, shaped the Business Analysis strategy for the whole company, single point of contact for BAs.
Role: Business Analyst Practice Lead
Contract Length: 6 MONTHS
Location: 102 Petty France London
IR35: OUTSIDE IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £650 LTD
We're looking for someone to lead the Business Analysts for our programme (Civil, Family and Tribunal), like a Practice Lead. We don't want someone who has just been a Senior BA for a few years, looking for a career Business Analyst who can step up, lead and guide all the BAs on our programme.
Security Clearance: BPSS/ DBS
CV Deadline: MONDAY 4TH NOVEMBER @12:00
Interview Process: FACE TO FACE
Role Description : Lead BA
To lead the business requirements and project shaping for a significant segment of the business, managing relationships with and between key stakeholders.
Take full responsibility for business analysis within a significant segment of the business where the advice given and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the effectiveness of the business.
• Establish the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, defining strategies, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, preparing business cases and identifying potential benefits and options for achieving them, overseeing development and implementation of solutions, taking into account the implications of change on the organisation and all stakeholders.
• Organise scoping and business priority setting for strategic business changes involving business policy-makers and direction setters and guide senior management towards accepting change brought about through process and organisational change.
• Determine approach and artefacts for the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements, and define requirements standards and quality targets in agreement with key stakeholders.
• Initiate and influence relationships with and between senior stakeholders and influencers and act as a single point of contact for them. Negotiate at senior level on technical and commercial issues, to ensure that the customers, suppliers and other stakeholders understand and agree what will meet their needs.
To deliver against the key accountabilities, the Lead Business Analyst will be expected to have the following experience:
• Experience of capturing business requirements and shaping work packages
• Experience of leading teams of business analysts on large programmes
• Practical know-how and expertise in business analysis and industry recognised tools and techniques
• Proficient in the use of modelling tools, up to and including the level of representing business architectures and service design to support organisations in the implementation and mobilisation of their strategies.
• Familiarity of both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies and the ability to articulate the differences in the approaches, tools, responsibilities and deliverables as a business analyst in either methodology
• Ability to communicate complex business issues clearly in speech and in writing and be able to explain business process concepts to the end user, and influence and persuade at all levels of staff seniority.
• Ability to use leading practice techniques to present the future business model
• Knowledge of the general principles of information technology such as its role in decision support, methods of data capture, storage and retrieval, transactional processing and workflow.
• Experience in managing own time effectively in an environment of competing end-user demands and time-critical schedules, prioritising simultaneous project work and rapidly evaluating alternate action plans.
• Ability to conduct stakeholder interviews, facilitate workshops and manage focus groups to extract relevant information.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, sharing knowledge and skills and developing productive working relationships.
• Focused on achieving results
• Experience of managing ambiguity and undertaking forward planning
• Strong commercial focus and awareness