Location: Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands
Rate: £30-35k Circa (dependant on experience)
This will be a hands-on role which will also involve working closely with Production Support to forward plan for future orders.
Makes sure the business maintains an adequate supply of materials and consumables to ensure the smooth continuation of production across the site.
Purchasing Job Duties:
- Keeps up to date on the company's needs in order to order supplies when they are necessary.
- Performs comparison shopping and negotiations to secure lower prices on products that the company needs.
- Prepares reports and communicates with management about offered prices on products to obtain final approval for purchases.
- Uses a keen understanding of the industry to know which supplies are most important and where to look for reliable, reasonably priced suppliers.
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Negotiates faster-than-usual delivery of needed items so the company's operations go uninterrupted
- Keeps a highly organised schedule
- Constantly looks for ways to cut back on the company's expenses
- Works well as a member of the team and communicates with team members about the progress on certain projects.
- Work alongside stores to ensure that kits are available for production on a day to day basis.
- A good knowledge of stock taking.
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Review quality of purchased products.
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed.
- Organise transport for collections and deliveries in a timely manner.
Purchasing Skills and Qualifications:
Highly Organised, Motivated, Basic Math Skills, Excellent Negotiation and Communication Skills, Team Player, Understanding of Industry, Experience, Enthusiastic, Disciplined, Works Well Under Pressure, Adaptable, Self-Starter, Decisive, Ability to Multitask, Goal Oriented. Knowledge of logistics. Previous purchasing and logistics experience is essential.
Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards.