Location: Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands
Salary: £30,000 Circa + Benefits
The Client: A major manufacturer of bespoke machinery used in a variety of industries including: Construction, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Subsea and Power
To work within a close team issuing supply requests for quotation, placing of purchase orders for goods and services and ensuring supplier deliveries are on time and meeting the requirements of company production plans. Strive to continuously improve using LEAD techniques to remove cost, improve efficiency and quality
- Issue RFQs to suppliers for new and existing parts requiring quote, modification or re quote
- Record, store and enter supplier quotations and price component details into MRP supplier database.
- Raise purchase orders for goods and services to meet Operational and Production needs
- Expedite Purchase order acknowledgements from suppliers
- Expedite supplier’s deliveries ensuring timely deliveries from supplier base
- Amend order receipt dates based upon supplier order acknowledgements
- Collate supplier quotation for evaluation and supplier selection
- Update supplier price and lead time details into 123 MRP system
- Update component re-order levels and batch Qty and price breaks on a regular basis
- Work towards greater stock turn and reduced inventory
- Measuring and reporting on supplier delivery performance
- Managing some categories of supplier spend and obtaining best value from supplier base
- Manage any supplier delivery queries or problems that may arise between order placement, goods receiving or inspection.
- Issue drawing change notes to suppliers and record acknowledgements received.
- Making bookings and place orders for third party transport for movement of goods and supplies where required.
- As required to take calls from suppliers on behalf of Procurement Manager in his or her absence
- Under take supplier visits as and when required
- Manage NCR process including issuing of Debit Notes and expediting of collections, re-works and re-deliveries
- Work with Design and Engineering and Manufacturing team members to resolve problems and resolve supply or technical issues
- Engage in driving improvements in quality and remove waste from the supply process
- As and when required to support running of machine and build module planning and replenishments
- Collate details for group reporting requirements
- Ability to work under pressure on short lead time requirements.
- A keen understanding of the commercial impact of purchase prices against sale price.
- Strong experience within excel, word and power point, excellent general IT skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional manner to all
- Experience of working within the purchasing environment
- Experience of working within the manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with subcontract engineering Suppliers
- Confident telephone manner & communicate effectively with suppliers
- MRP experience
- Have the confidence to work unsupervised
- MCIPS qualified or working towards preferred
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181