Our client is a leading Central Government body seeking a Change Manager for an initial 5 month Contract to be based in London.
Role: Change Manager
Contract Length: 5 months
IR35: Out of Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: 450
The Future Farming and Countryside Programme (FFCP)’s purpose is to deliver environmental improvements and increase farming’s economic performance, by using the opportunity to move away from the Common Agriculture Policy (CAP). This will help to meet Defra’s strategic goals of a world leading food & farming industry, and the land-based objectives of the 25 year Environment plan.
High level change impact assessments identified that numerous complex, multifaceted and targeted change initiatives are required to support the successful delivery of Defra’s Future Farming & Countryside Programme (FFCP).
Utilising change management best practice as well as industry standard tools, techniques and templates.
Change Managers will:
• Provide change management expertise to support Business Leaders in the effective design, planning, prioritisation and management of the business changes required to successfully deliver Programme objectives.
• Build an in-depth understanding and analysis of the wider organisational context to explore change readiness and ensure the concerns and issues facing the business areas impacted by planned changes are fully understood by stakeholders and that their needs are factored appropriately into programme design, schedules, scope and resource requirements.
• Build effective relationships with key stakeholders in the FFCP Change Network inside and outside of Defra (including other Defra directorates, FFCP workstreams, Arm’s Length and Delivery Bodies) to ensure that the impact of changes to processes, structures, systems, technology, individual roles etc. are identified and understood, communicated internally and externally as appropriate.
• Act as an internal ‘go to ‘ advisor, especially in the area of people and organisation change, and continuous improvement of the change management strategy, methodology and toolkit.
• Support training efforts, in both the design stage and the delivery stage by providing input, documenting requirements and supporting the design and delivery of training programs.
Additionally Change Managers will:
o Work in a matrix setting, directly reporting to the Head of Change Management whilst remaining embedded in the FFCP workstream teams, promoting the principles of change management
o Lead / support the delivery of at least 1 change initiative
o Work with Project Teams, Workstream / Programme Managers, Senior Leadership and external partners to ensure change management is always a key consideration at the outset of any planning activity and throughout delivery
• Change Management Practitioner (qualification)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Change Manager working on major business transformation initiatives
• BA / BSc (or equivalent)
- Identifying Change Management requirements.
- Production of policy, processes, procedures, working practices and supporting guidance to promote effective.
- Change Management from concept to execution and review.
- Planning, managing and monitoring the implementation of changes, including impact assessment, resource analysis, conflict resolution and contingency planning. The successful candidate will be an Expert in Change Management concepts and practices.
- Capable in methods and techniques for risk management, business impact analysis, counter-measures and contingency arrangements, particularly relating to the serious disruption of business services.