Chartered Surveyor Birmingham
Role: Chartered Surveyor
Rate: 368/day max
Duration: 6 Months
CV Deadline: 23rd July
- Working on portfolio of projects for the access and requisition team for works delivery for temporary works access.
- Advice on valuations and apportionments for inheritance tax, capital gains tax and other taxes. Advice on valuations support the delivery of Benefits.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to clients in related areas of work.
- Dealing with a large individual case load, including providing expert witness evidence at planning appeals and public inquiries, delivering quality work to deadlines.
- Involvement in marketing sector specific services, maintain and develop client relationships, including new clients, inputting to tenders for new work.
- Recording time spent on cases for charging purposes and delivering value for money.
- Project planning casework. Identifying and escalating new business opportunities in related work areas.
- The candidate should have experience of managing key stakeholders and excellent communication skills.
- They will be required to review requests to secure temporary access and compound space over/on third party land to help enable repair, maintenance and enhancement works on the railway.
- Firstly, to determine existence of any rights, and where these don't exist to negotiate with owners, work with appointed external suppliers to ensure licences are secured on the best possible terms.
- The candidate will be required to regularly update a temporary land requests tracker and file all information relating to cases in an electronic filing systems.
- Degree of equivalent in Estate Management and be a Chartered Surveyor with membership of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Driving licence
- Rail – ideal
- General practice surveying role
- Negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management
- Customer relationship skills
- Able to prioritise
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181