Role: x4 Civil Engineer - Essentially a Project Manager role for a qualified Engineer
Rate: £ 420 per day (in Scope)
Contracting Authority: Transport Scotland DA TS
Contract Length: until 06/2020
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Security Clearance: BPSS
Area Manager within Transport Scotland Network Maintenance Team responsible for overseeing Operating Company performance in managing the safe operation and maintenance of the trunk road network, dealing with political and community matters on behalf of Scottish Ministers.
Role - Area Manager working within the Network Maintenance team in the Roads Directorate at Transport Scotland
- Chartered engineer or equivalent
- Demonstrable extensive knowledge of technical issues associated with the maintenance, management and construction works relating to a roads network.
- Programme management and contract compliance of the annual routine and cyclic maintenance programme, relevant to trunk road network area assigned.
- Undertake technical review and challenge of maintenance scheme proposals.
- Oversee development and delivery of maintenance programmes to ensure network priorities are met.
- Check bid schedule of rate against method of measurement to ensure contract compliance.
- Liaise with the Operating Company design teams and attend progress / programme / design meetings.
- Worth with the Performance Audit Group and colleagues across Transport Scotland, seeking advice where necessary
- Review impacts of roadworks on road users and review communication strategies to ensure effective communication with road users and stakeholders.
- Undertake regular route tours to oversee network condition and ensure suitability of maintenance programmes.
- Respond to correspondence, councillor / community council / stakeholder enquiries, letters / emails / calls.
- Act as point of contact with stakeholders on behalf of Transport Scotland as required.
- Attend local community and stakeholder meetings.
- Review road orders (TTROs etc).
- Represent Transport Scotland with respect to 3rd party developer requests on the trunk road network.
- Oversee Operating Company performance and work to identify and implement effective improvement measures where appropriate.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181