Role: Contracts Manager
Contracting Authority: NHS England
Contract Length: 31.3.19 possibility of extension
Location: London or Leeds
IR35: in Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: This role can be based in London or Leeds. pay rate 400 paye - 450 umbrella
As a Commercial Contract Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic Commercial team providing an effective contract management and supplier relationship management service for all legacy non-clinical contracts and all ‘in scope’ procurement activity from the point of contract signature. This is on behalf of the entire NHSE organisation to drive maximum benefit and efficiencies, reduce value leakage and introduce innovation.
The post holder will support the Senior Commercial SRM Manager to develop and deliver effective contract management and supplier relationship and operational policies for promoting innovation across Cluster and Sector.
The post is responsible for providing professional expertise to the outcome of the business processes for the Department or Directorate.
The post holder will define current processes, facilitate discussions and advise colleagues as to how best practice might be adopted in the definition of future processes, document those processes as they are agreed and oversee their delivery.
• To support the Senior Commercial SRM Manager to provide a unified view of supplier performance for NHSE organisation
• To provide advice on specific contracts and relationships to include Innovation and continuous improvement culture linked to insentivisation
• To provide support to the Senior Commercial SRM Manager to enable the Commercial Department to be recognised as a centre of excellence to support Directorates in the management of key strategic contracts and suppliers.
• To assist the Senior Commercial SRM Manager to support an integrated business planning process which enables more effective prioritisation and allocation of resources
• To develop and deploy a Supplier segmentation approach to identify relevant groups of suppliers and appropriate relationships for a specific sub-set of the supply base
• Good knowledge of leading practice supplier relationship management (SRM) principles, processes and practices including robust and thorough SRM implementation
• Good knowledge of a range of supplier measurement and evaluation systems based on balanced scorecard principles
• Knowledge of Public Sector Procurement and contract management / SRM, specifically in Health
• Extensive knowledge of specialist areas, acquired through post graduate diploma or equivalent experience or training plus further specialist knowledge or experience to master’s level equivalent
• Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this on engagement
• Should have an appreciation of the relationship between the Department of Health, the Commissioning Board and individual provider and commissioning organisations
• Proven experience in the implementation of effective contract management and SRM strategies
• Developed communication skills for delivering key messages to a range of stakeholders both internal and external (including outside the NHS) to the organisation, some at very senior level.
• Good presentational skills for conveying complex concepts.
• Ability to use informed persuasion to influence others.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 4th January 11am