Location: UK (home based)
Salary: £60-70k Circa + benefits
The Client: A major manufacturer within the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and Subsea sector (also supplying other industries) specialising in Joint Integrity.
The Commercial Manager (CM) manages the external Sales Team of Account Managers and will be responsible for some designated end-users/customers of strategic importance. Excellent communication and sales skills are of great importance to do the job. This role requires integrity, vision, and a passion for sales & people. The CM has a hands-on attitude, is operationally active and creates and maintains Account Plans in order to meet the targets of the Strategic Sales Plan.
- Responsibility for Turnover and Margin for the sales territory
- Initiate, develop and build professional relationships with all key decision makers with and end-users
- Develop plans on an annual basis, in order to realize sustainable growth.
- Promotes the usage of the CRM system (SFDC) constantly and leads by example
- Leads, motivates and coaches the other members of the team and increases productivity
- To participate in the development of : and implementation of : the company Business Strategy as it applies to the respective region of responsibility
- To cooperate and support all the marketing activities and business development initiatives (i.e. Local Market Mapping and Voice of Customer)
- To constantly assess the market and competitive situation and report changes in trends to the Regional- and Marketing Managers
- Drives the enthusiasm to implement LEAD (continuous improvement program) tools into his organization
- Monitoring of market pricing and competitor activity
- Promote the company by organizing and executing customer activities, such as presentations, seminars and training sessions
- Monitors credit issues with Internal Sales and Finance, follows-up with the overdue accounts
- Proactive management of all company generated sales opportunities
- Prepare and manage professional quotations, ensure active follow-up and successful conversion into orders
- Will adhere to the company’s policies, rules and other guidelines as mandatory for a public company in the USA
- Bachelor's Degree. Minimum of 5 years of Account (Sales) Management experience
- Proven leadership experience with strong man management skills
- Strong affinity with a Mechanical Engineering environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Hands-on attitude
- High degree of responsibility
- Open to a diverse and multinational environment
- Computer literate in MS (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Frequent travelling in the region of responsibility and occasional travel outside the territory is required.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181