Role: Commercial Officer
Location: RAF Wyton, Cambridgeshire
IR35: In Scope
Rate: £397.9 Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC (essential)
Interview Process: telephone
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Working within a commercial team to deliver programme objectives; Supporting colleagues to achieve targets in relevant timescales; Developing successful working relationships with external suppliers. Contributing to procurement and contract strategies; Compiling and issuing tenders; Administering contract amendments; Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business; Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget; Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
- Supporting DIO teams to create innovative procurement and commercial strategies that will deliver value for money on Infrastructure programmes and projects.
- Building trusted relationships with new and incumbent suppliers such that a “trust with consequences” approach to contract management can be operated.
- Monitoring and managing performance of suppliers against contract performance indicators.
- Supporting implementation of contract transition and mobilisation activities
- Shaping and leading commercial negotiations with both new and incumbent suppliers through to a pre-defined acceptable conclusion.
- Giving strategic advice and support to contracts in procurement, contract exits and during contract reviews.
- Resolving high-value commercial and legal disputes with suppliers.
- Development of current and future commercial resource, including self, into an agile and appropriately skilled workforce.
- Identifying and delivering improvements to existing contractual arrangements and informing on lessons learnt for new procurements
- Planning work around a published Forward Work Plan, alongside allocated funding and resource
- Contract management
- Experience in delivering tender packs
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills
- CIPS would be an advantage
- Valid SC Clearance is essential
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181