Location: Glasgow (remote working until lock down eased – then 1 day a week on site)
Rate: £395 /day (Umbrella)
IR35: In Scope
Duration: 6 Months
Clearance Required: SC (Must be active – used in the last 12 months)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Working within a commercial team to deliver programme objectives; Supporting colleagues to achieve targets in relevant timescales; Developing successful working relationships with external suppliers. Contributing to procurement and contract strategies; Compiling and issuing tenders; Administering contract amendments; Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business; Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget; Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
- Supporting DIO teams to create innovative procurement and commercial strategies that will deliver value for money on Infrastructure programmes and projects.
- Building trusted relationships with new and incumbent suppliers such that a “trust with consequences” approach to contract management can be operated.
- Monitoring and managing performance of suppliers against contract performance indicators.
- Supporting implementation of contract transition and mobilisation activities
- Shaping and leading commercial negotiations with both new and incumbent suppliers through to a pre-defined acceptable conclusion.
- Giving strategic advice and support to contracts in procurement, contract exits and during contract reviews.
- Resolving high-value commercial and legal disputes with suppliers.
- Development of current and future commercial resource, including self, into an agile and appropriately skilled workforce.
- Identifying and delivering improvements to existing contractual arrangements and informing on lessons learnt for new procurements
- Planning work around a published Forward Work Plan, alongside allocated funding and resource
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181