Our client the Home Office are seeking a Configuration Manager for a 12 Month Contract (In Scope):
Identifying Configuration Management requirements, including Design and deployment. Production of policy, processes, procedures, working practices and supporting guidance to promote effective Configuration Management from concept to execution and review;
Planning, managing and monitoring implementation, including defining the attributes of the Configuration Item, defining relationships between Databases and Configuration Items, providing management information against Configuration items and defining the procedures for updating Configuration Items from Change activity.
The successful candidate will be: Expert in Configuration Management concepts and practices; Capable in defining the methods and techniques for management of all IT Assets, business impact analysis based on IT component relationships, provision of data relating to IT Assets to enable improved change and project planning.
1. Provide reporting to stakeholders, executive and financial management, including asset management reports, configuration item analysis reports and inventory reports
2. Optimise IT configurations capabilities and resources
3. Identify and manage configuration and asset risks and issues in accordance with standard HOIT processes
4. Assist in developing SACM policies, processes, procedures and quality standards with key stakeholders
5. Assist in developing the Configuration Management System Data Model
The role will work in the Asset & Configuration Management team, where the some of the team’s objective are to manage the IT hardware asset, and their configuration across the HO estate, ensuring an accurate CMS / CMDB to support other HO functions.
- The individual’s key duties and responsibilities will include activities:
- • Regular maintenance of CMS / CMDB, ensuring assets are accounted for and components are accurately reflected;
- • Own the activities required to capture, populate, update and audit CIs;
- • Build and maintain relationships key internal and external stakeholders (customers, colleagues and suppliers)
- • Engage with the cross government management teams and represent the Agency in all functions
- • Ensure potential or actual breaches of IT and information security policies and procedures are escalated.
- • Assist auditors to audit activities of the SACM team for compliance with agreed procedures
- • Provide support to the rest of the Asset & Configuration Management Team as and when required
1. Good understanding of Asset and Configuration Management and ITIL;
2. Excellent MS Excel skills
3. Educated to Degree level or equivalent
4. ServiceNow experience
5. Knowledge of Software Asset Management
6. ITIL Foundation Certificate V3
7. Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.