Our client is a leading central government body seeking a SC cleared Core Network Engineer for an initial 18 month contract to be based in Corsham
Role: Core Network Engineer
Valid SC Clearance Required
Contracting Authority: MOD
Contract Length: until 03/04/2021
IR35: IN SCOPE
Pay Rate : £356.40
Knowledge of ITIL service management processes and practices.
Knowledge of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management Processes.
Recognized ITIL Foundation.
Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (both server and client)
Experience of working on a L4 Support Team in an IT / MOD environment. AD, DNS, DHCP, PKI, AV, SQL, RDS Exchange / Skype / SharePoint support Horizon Connection / Security Server / NSX VMware\virtualised infrastructure experience
Experience with Security Monitoring Software CCENT or equivalent level networking experience Microsoft Powershell CLI Knowledge of Microsoft server applications (such as SCCM)
- Perform regular security modelling
- Report any breaches
- Conduct schedule backups
- Business continuity : ensure this
- Workstations Maintenance environment of end user and servers
- Troubleshooting Hardware/software outages
- Control input or output of data
- Produce low level documentation as required
- Support system centre 2016 environment
- Disaster testing and recovery procedures : testing
- Software and hardware audits as appropriate