Role: Cryptocurrency Investigator
Rate: £407.95/day (umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
Security Clearance: Must be eligible for SC Clearance
The position will be primarily responsible for conducting complex crypto analysis into cybercrime offences and other high-risk typologies involving the illicit use of cryptocurrency, identifying trends and patterns within the blockchain, proactively identifying emerging threats and tracing funds.
The role will include working within a dynamic environment with investigators, intelligence officers and data scientists to enrich data and detect criminal funds and payments.
The role requires you to be a critical thinker, proactive and manage multiple competing priorities working to deadlines.
Cryptocurrency investigation is a complex investigation technique which is arguably now a specialist skill requiring its own role profile.
In order to “follow digital money”, officers are required to understand:
- Key terminology which is evolving and changing rapidly
- Understanding of wallets and addresses
- Public and private keys
- Seeds and BIP phrases
- Understanding the various transaction routes for different platforms
- Clustering and nodes
- Tracing of forks
- Cryptocurrency forensics and dealing with encrypted wallet
- Seizure and legislation challenges
- Knowledge of Blockchain
- Keen interest and understanding of Cryptocurrency
Security Clearance: Need to be eligible for SC
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on