Cyber Security Engineer
Rate: £ 650 per day (in Scope)
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: London (remote until further notice)
Security Clearance: Active SC Clearance
- The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for improving the telemetry, processes and tools for the SIEM/Monitoring systems and SOC team. This role requires proven experience with security telemetry, security intelligence, anomaly hunting and incident response.
- This role requires an analytical mindset and a deep knowledge of the current and emerging threat landscape. The ability to research a threat or vulnerability and to deliver clear and concise ‘actionable intelligence’ to mitigate against risk is essential.
- The Cyber Security Engineer will be expected to understand current network defence technology and to optimize or create new high value ‘use cases’ and rules to defend against the latest threats.
- The ability to research threats, create reports and to clearly articulate recommendations to senior members of the team is essential to this role.
- Experience of Cloud services and technologies, assuring and working with product teams as they deploy and transition digital solutions into public cloud environments. This would include designing systems to reflect and comply with NCSC Cloud Security guidance, and ISO27001.
- Carried out reviews of system and application architectures, for example using workshops and discussions with development teams, resulting in measurable delivery a reduction in cyber security problems.
- The ability to carry out risk assessments and risk management following a PACE (Pragmatic/Proportionate, Appropriate and Cost-Effective) perspective, in line with HMG policy and guidance.
- A thorough understanding of HMG policies and guidance, especially regarding requirements and controls around the Government Security Policy Classification, mainly at OFFICIAL.
- Worked with agile teams, delivering working software incrementally.
- Secured web applications and cloud infrastructure environments (AWS/Azure) against vulnerabilities, and applied common and innovative remediation techniques.
- Secured AWS components, in particular IAM, S3 and EC2.
- Knowledge of security monitoring, prevention and control systems including but not limited to firewalls, IDS/IPS, web proxies, antivirus and log correlation solutions..
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181