Rate: £ 500 per day (in Scope)
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: London (Work from home)
Security Clearance: SC Clearance (candidates without will be considered as long as eligible for clearance)
37 hours per week. Working five days out of seven days covering various working patterns between 8am and 6pm. Shifts are 8am-4pm and 10am – 6pm. Alternative working patterns may be considered subject to business need.
Also, Christmas period working will be required, please if you have any holiday booked please do let me know from now.
Long term, temporary roles are now available within HMRC. We require Data Engineer to support with the operation of Government schemes designed to help provide financial support through the Covid 19 pandemic.
As part of a team, you will work to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight. Excellent IT skills will be required to manipulate and adapt tools to link different data sets and build various analytical products.
You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties as you support the nation in this critical time. The role is not based at one specific location and required for home and remote working will be considered.
Technical Lead - Job Description
- Designs, builds and tests data products based on feeds from multiple systems using a range of different storage technologies and/or access methods. Creates repeatable and reusable products.
- Delivers data solutions in accordance with agreed organisational standards that ensure services are resilient, scalable and future-proof.
- Understands the concepts and principles of data modelling and is able to produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs. Reverse engineers data models from a live system.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs or scripts under the direction of others.
- Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them with guidance.
Essential & Desirable Criteria
- Experience of using SAS ViYA Products and Solutions including Data Interrogation Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide to deliver data solutions in accordance with agreed organizational standards that ensure services are resilient, scalable and future proof.
- Experience of working on a large scale Programme to deliver data solutions. Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them with guidance.
- Experience of working in HMRC or another Government department in a Data Engineering role.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181