Role: Data Engineer / Scientist
Location: Fareham (combination of remote and site)
Rate: £670/day (umbrella)
Duration: 12 Months
Security Clearance: Active SC Essential (used in last 12 months) and sole British Nationals
CV Deadline: 16th June 12pm
Essential – (must have):
- Proficiency in a relevant high level programming language such as Python, Scala or Java, and application to data sourcing, integration and analysis.
- Experience working with data at scale, including social media, and designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems/pipelines e.g. using Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience in creating, populating and optimising SQL and relational databases and / or Knowledge Graphs.
- Strong design and documentation skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including communicating with non-technical stakeholders and working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Security Clearance: SC sole British nationals ONLY
Successful applicants will join a multi-disciplinary team seeking to develop and exploit cutting edge social science, data science and AI to analyse, predict and influence the attitudes and behaviour of audiences in a range of settings (including counter-disinformation and information operations).”Applicants will conduct work to develop, test and experiment with novel technologies and methods in one or more of the following areas:
- Social media and web analytics.
- Social and psychological research methods, particularly the use of the internet and mobile technology to further such methods.
- Dis/Mis/Mal-Information monitoring and analysis.
- Controlled collection, management and exploitation of large digital datasets.
- Social Technologies.
- Media Forensics.
- Deepfakes and Synthetic Data Generation.
The main duties for this post are as follows:
- Design, deploy and evaluate methods and architectures for data sourcing and preparation, including scalable data pipelines and API integrations for large datasets drawn from e.g. social media, news, social research data, imagery and open-source databases and aggregators.
- Implement and evaluate methods to store, pre-process and organise data in order to make it usable.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Interpret experimental requirements and implement/modify architectures and solutions to enable data-driven experimentation.
- Develop technical specifications for suppliers and collaborate with them to optimise the quality of externally-delivered projects or services.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team of data scientist and social scientists.
- Attend, and provide technical presentations at, key reviews and stakeholder meetings.
- Support specification of small-scale software development tasks as required.
- Experience working with No-SQL.
- Experience in architecting solutions in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience conducting research in a Defence and Security Context, particularly in the areas of Information Activities or Intelligence.
- Experience working collaborative with suppliers or partners, including specifying and assuring supplier services.
- Awareness and experience of social media technology and trends.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181