Role: Data Platform Lead
Rate: £600/day (umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
CV Deadline: 19th July
- Deputising for the Head of Data Platforms / product owner, including helping to define the vision and roadmap ensuring the platforms align with the strategic objectives.
- Working with, and on behalf of the Head of Data Platforms, acting as the “front door” and arbiter on new platform demands within the JBC including leading prioritisation of customer capability requirements.
- Taking a lead role in the management of the suppliers who are developing and managing the platform.
- Attending scrum meetings and deliverable reviews, providing day-to-day direction and guidance to the suppliers.
- Responsible for ensuring that JBC data Platform Strategy is followed, working through engineers, technical leads, with the Head of Data Platforms, data governance team and other areas of the business.
- Communication and management of stakeholders up to senior level, setting delivery and operational expectation
Essential skills / experience / knowledge:
Knowledge and Experience
- Product ownership experience, including managing competing requirements and prioritising desired features effectively
- Experience with data platform specification and delivery, including cloud-based data platforms for a data-driven business
- Good understanding of data platform delivery and technical risks and how to manage them.
- Excellent understanding of the component factors of a data platform including both functional (storage, processing and analytical tooling and services, applications, access control), and non-functional areas (security, service management, through-life support, code management, testing environments).
- A passion for data capabilities. Data technology experience should be across architectures, data storage, ETL pipelines, analytics and data science, visualisation. Experience with cloud-based data services, especially AWS, are highly desirable.
- Ability to think strategically about platform capability, including developing an overall vision, as well as understanding integration with other capabilities.
- Ability to frame data priorities and value, including through the application of OKRs or KPIs.
- Outstanding communication with stakeholders of all levels, including setting expectations and communicating difficult messages around priorities
- Experience working with multidisciplinary technical, data and business teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
Desirable skills / experience / knowledge:
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Experience working within the public sector
- Experience within the healthcare sector
- Experience working with cloud-based data platforms
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181