Role: Data Scientist
Contract Length: 6 Months
Salary: £550day (umbrella)
Security Clearance: SC Clearance (must be active – used in the last 12 months)
Interview Process: Telephone / MS TEAMS
As a Data Modeller you will be working within the MI & Data Team to provide the business requirements analysis and data modelling capability for a Data Warehousing DevOps team, using predominantly Oracle technologies.
During the early technical Transformation phase, you will work closely with the prime contractor resources, to ensure that the service transformation strategy and contractual requirements are being met.
- Transform complex business structures, processes and activities into formally documented process and data models.
- Provide technical support at the data model layer for other team members, to assist with incident and problem resolution.
- Work closely with service owners, end users, technical teams and other SME’s to understand the requirements and document a suitable solution.
- Establish and maintain business models of the data holdings data and integrations using standard ERD modelling methodologies.
- Establish and maintain a business glossary and data dictionary for the data holdings, which establishes the content, structure, security profile, location, lifecycle and business rules of the data sets.
- Provide data modelling analysis and design to extend the data warehouse and transform the data into usable data views.
- Design, build and support scalable, high performance data applications, repositories and data governance related applications.
- Design, document and implement logical and physical data models for the reporting data model and input to the staging and source data model design.
- Provide fully documented solutions that can be used by technical teams and business owners alike.
- Work closely with fellow delivery team members and the Contractor to design ETL extensions.
- Manage equivalent, separate data sets across a series of development and staging environments.
- Help mentor less experienced team members in data product development.
- Strong Relational Database skills and experience (Oracle preferred) – DML, DDL, performance, SQL, PL-SQL.
- Strong Data Modelling skills – across Dimensional, Star Schema, OLAP, ROLAP, OLTP.
- Able to assess complex normalised data structures in source data holdings and translate them to workable and beneficial de-normalised and dimensional reporting data models.
- Able to work productively and directly with business analysts and end users, to understand and appreciate issues or requirements.
- Change management, software development and testing lifecycle.
- Very good understanding of IT Service Management Lifecycle (ITIL).
- Strong analytical skills for identifying and resolving issues with data and reporting.
- Functional and Technical interface/integration skills utilising API architectures
- Business and technical documentation writing
- Managing data at both a technical and business level in enterprise-scale environments.
- Extensive use of data modelling tools and data lifecycle management.
- Practical hands-on delivery projects for data migrations, data warehouse builds, data lakes or Big Data platforms.
- Strong practical understanding of enterprise level data sets for HR, Payroll, Pensions.
- Proven ability to evaluate business specifications and to design the data solutions to support that.
- Provide technical guidance to other members of the project or delivery teams.
- SC or capable of acquiring security clearance.
- Experience within a military or similar secure environment.
- Practical experience of Oracle EDQ or OEMM products
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181