Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire, Doncaster, Rotherham, Wakefield, Huddersfield
Salary: 30-42k Circa + benefits
The Client: A specialist in design, manufacture and installation of special purpose machinery for a variety of industry sectors including: food, automotive, industrial & pharmaceutical
To create, draft and design machine/product layouts and schemes using customer specification and recommendations. Working with other design, development and production professionals and teams to constantly review tasks, conduct studies and research to assess the feasibility of their designs.
- Design bespoke automated machinery, semi-automated machinery and manual assembly equipment to customer specifications / requirements. Using Solid Edge 3D CAD Software.
- Review customers’ requirements to create a machine specification within a multi-discipline team environment to develop the machine scope, design and drawings required for the manufacture of bespoke automated equipment.
- Providing technical support to external and internal customers.
- Deliver design solutions in a cost-effective manner to time and budget requirements.
- Resolving operational problems related to projects and minimising delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload is managed to meet project objectives.
- Produce mechanical design from concept through to issuing drawings for manufacture, in line with business and customer standards/requirements.
- Evaluate cycle/takt time of the machine to customer requirements.
- Review drawings and prepare drawing documentation.
- Taking responsibility for Project success whether project leader or part of the project team.
- Manage your project workflow also supporting Internal and External resources to ensure projects are delivered on time with the expected quality and within Budget.
- Participate in design reviews (Internally and customer), tests and development activities.
- Liaise with component suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Able to develop concepts and prototypes into production drawings to a high standard.
- Develop Bill Of Material (BOM) for each project and ensure that it remains within the Budget.
- Able to write machine manuals and draft Factory acceptance test documentation.
- Adhering to the company Quality management procedures.
- Support commissioning Customized products and Systems on site and at Customer facilities.
- Providing High quality Pre-Sales , In-Design ,and Post :Sales technical support to Customers.
- Support Manufacturing and Automation build team through to the completion of the project.
- Effectively communicate project status to the Engineering Manager and/or Managing director.
- Communicate effectively with customers and suppliers.
- Conduct risk assessments on machinery and comply to machinery directives.
- Adhere to all up to date health and safety rules and regulations.
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience designing from concept as well as modifying existing designs and drawings of Support design concepts with analysis and calculation
- 3D CAD proficient
- Good understanding of design for manufacture. i.e. fabrication, milling, turning, surface grinding, cylindrical grinding, EDM etc.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of limits and fits.
- Able to understand tolerancing of single part components and what achievable within the manufacturing process. i.e. stack up of tolerances and tolerance study’s etc.
- Understanding of relevance of machine datums and component datums and implementing them into design.
- Experience in integrating the following into design:- pneumatics, several different types of sensors, bowl feeders, vision sensors, vision systems, pick and place, walking beams, laser marking, robotics (collaborative and industrial).
- Minimum ONC/HNC qualified in relevant mechanical discipline.
- Apprenticeship with proven industry experience.
Because of the changing nature of the business, job descriptions will inevitably change. From time to time job holders are required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181