Role: Digital Delivery Manager
Location: London (Remote Working)
IR35: In Scope
Security Clearance: BPSS (Basic Disclosure
You would be joining a small and friendly team delivering The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS) on behalf of the Royal Household.
The award scheme requires the efficient management of a rigorous, time bound and transparent process that involves close working with high-level internal and external stakeholders (Royal Household, Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenants and the QAVS Independent Assessment Committee - chaired by Sir Martyn Lewis CBE).
We are looking for a highly capable individual with proven IT/digital, project management, and communication skills to lead the procurement for, and development of, a new QAVS digital service which includes:
- a web based service for volunteers and promotion of QAVS; and
- a linked landing page and back end that meets GOV.UK digital service standards, used primarily for administering the award.
The current QAVS digital service is vital to the successful administration of the award. It receives, processes and records all nominations; it helps communication with nominators, the groups, Lord Lieutenants and the Independent Assessment Committee. The website is also used by the team to analyse and pull together reports on nominations and awards. We are looking to update its administrative functions and promote QAVS digitally by replacing it with the two solutions above.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scoping, designing and delivering a new QAVS digital service (including liaising with GDS on spending controls and design requirements)
- Putting in place the correct procurement process to identify the best supplier/s
- Leading the tender/bidding process to secure and contract with supplier/s with proven ability to deliver the product and provide ongoing support in a post-EU Exit environment
- Working with the successful supplier/s using agile, iterative and user-centred methods to develop and build a new QAVS digital service to a tight deadline.
- Active monitoring of the design and implementation phase, and testing with user groups.
- Ensuring that the service is delivered to the required timeline and taking corrective action where required.
- Transferring the QAVS administration to the new digital service without loss of data or any significant suspension of activity.
- Identifying and agreeing future enhancements to the service following live implementation.
- First point of contact and liaison with internal and external stakeholders - including Sir Martyn Lewis, The Palace, Lord Lieutenancies, National Assessors, Internal Communications.
- Providing advice and support to the wider team on digital projects e.g development of an Honours Database.
- Knowledge of Government digital frameworks (e.g DOS or G-Cloud) and how to build user centred government digital services.
- Good organisational skills and ability to deliver at pace.
- Experience of working with agile processes/ceremonies to deliver outcomes. This includes understanding of development phases e.g. discovery, alpha, beta, live and their differing expectations.
- Experience of managing suppliers to deliver successful outcomes on budget and on time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to develop positive and productive working relationships including high profile external stakeholders, GDS, developers and colleagues in the Department’s IT and Commercial divisions.
- Good understanding of government digital procurement processes.
- Practical experience of working with GDS and the government digital service standards
- Knowledge of Government digital service standards and their role in developing GOV.UK digital services.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181