Our client a leading central government body is seeking a senior Digital Delivery manager witha strong understand of Central Government and Digital services. The role is based at Petty France in London and will initially be for 11 months.
Role: Service Delivery Manager (Digital)
Contract Length: UNTIL 31/07/2020
Location: 102 Petty France
IR35: Outside IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £520 MAX
There are several technical artefacts that will be required in order to ensure that the I&O components, such as scheduling and listing and components in CTSC, are able to function effectively. The business programme is currently undergoing a scoping and prioritisation exercise, which will result in a change request for further funding and resource, but in order to support development and articulation of the technical scope and delivery model, the digital workstream needs to urgently appoint experienced delivery managers who will be able to define and design the technical elements of the projects.
A business case for the approach, resources and funding to enable delivery of the solutions will be prepared and this will provide the financial cover for both the programme and technical team. These resources are however urgently required in order to put in place the plans, structure and initial requirements cannot wait until the business case and funding are approved and in place.
We are therefore seeking to recruit an experienced delivery managers to create the technical artefacts that will be required
- Oversee and manage a team of Agile Delivery Managers.
- Providing guidance, mentoring and training in agile delivery across the team.
- Manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning _ iterating frequently.
- Defining project needs and feeding these into the programme/portfolio process.
- Work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production).
- Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.