Our client is a leading educational central government body looking for a Senior Lead Service designer for an initial 11 month contract based in London.
Role: PSR1JP00014372 Lead Service Designer
Salary: £660 per day
Contract Length: 11 months circa
Interview Process: f2f
IR35: Please note the contracting authority has deemed the role to be INSIDE IR35
Security Clearance: BPSS
Lead Service Designer
- Responsibility for a team of Web Designers, producing strategies and direction.
- Disseminating expertise of how design decisions impact accessibility both internally and externally.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focussed and successful services.
- Deliver designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset.
- Contributing to the development and continual enhancement of products.
- Partnering with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience.
- Building relationships and work effectively with external providers, for example user testing and user experience professionals.
- Communicating credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
- Digital environment : technical focused
- Tech governance aspect over 12 digital services
Strong user research skills
Ideally have a Gov Digital background - LEAD Ideally ( GDS ideally)
Or in Private sector : Senior tech arc within a start-up or an agency
Agile background - essential
RUBY / PYTHON/ GO-LANG / AWS / CLOUD - strong focus
We are looking for a senior service designer, who is experienced in working with minimal support and can influence and mentor others.
They work with service managers and programme directors to develop design concepts and may have responsibility across complex services.
Senior designers help set direction and embed good practice within teams. They make key decisions based on research and understand how this research impacts others.