Our client is a central Government body based in Newport Wales. They are seeking an experienced Dev Ops Engineer for an initial 6 months contract
**IR35 Status**The client has stated that this role is In Scope of the new off pay-role worker legislation**
IPO are looking for an experience VSTS & JENKINS expert to :-
• Provide advice, guidance and expertise to migrate our build, test and deployment tooling to VSTS with minimal disruption to our staff and help build a pipeline framework.
• Help us automate deployment across, development, test and production environments using Iac and containerisation.
• Help us migrate our current build and deployment pipeline from Jenkins into VSTS
• Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including VSTS, TFS, Artifactory,
• Drive adoption of continuous delivery best practices
• Write code and scripts to automate provisioning of services and to configure services, using tools and languages including Azure CLI / API, PowerShell, Python, Git, Maven
• Help up skilling and knowledge transfer to our service transition team
• Have a good teamwork ethic to work with IPO staff and onsite suppliers regarding best practices and standard
The ideal candidate for the role should have:-
• Expert level technical competence in VSTS and Jenkins
• Agile software development methodologies (DevOps)
• Expertise and resource to deliver VSTS code, build, test and deploy pipelines in .net, Java.
• Successfully understanding user needs and designing services to support them.
• Experience of collaborative working with existing release, development, test and business teams, including coaching and mentoring, and knowledge sharing.
• Must have strong scripting experience with PowerShell, Python or similar technology
• Experience across a range of technologies and frameworks, including Azure, TFS 2015, Jenkins, Artifactory, C#.NET, Java, VSTS, Git, Mule, Tomcat, DB (MS SQL), Kubernetes, Docker.
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment best practices
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including management and end users, and along with excellent presentation skills
CI / CD
Nice to Have Skills
Microsoft SQL Server
Agile Software Development