Role: Digital DevOps (SC Cleared)
Location: Remote until further notice (London)
IR35: In Scope
Duration: 6 Months
Security Clearance: SC (Must be active – used within the last 12 months)
- HMPO Platforms (Infrastructure as a Service provisions) currently host around 80 live services and microservices, with more in development.
- HMPO is modernising its Platform provision to enable greater automation of development including automatic scaling, reduced support costs, as well as reduced risks of human error.
- Migration of HMPO services to the new HMPO EBSA platform reutilises shared central Home Office infrastructure and will allow HMPO to decommission the existing CHDP platform, thereby enabling cost savings.
- Platform modernisation plays a significant part of the HMPO strategy to exit its contracts with DXC in April 2021 and is a key enabler for new digital services to operate.
- Continued maintenance of our existing CHDP platform is mission critical in being to support HMPO digital services including the management of existing relationships with key stakeholders
- Utilising existing knowledge greatly de-risks platform maintenance and re-utilises existing knowledge to ensure incidents can be managed in accordance with SLA’s and supports migration efforts to the EBSA platform.
- A Dev-Ops engineer is therefore required to oversee incidents, meet security standards and maintain service continuity for our critical services.
Skills (including specialist skills) and/or knowledge required:
- Server maintenance
- Operating and maintaining services within the HMPO digital estate
- Security patching to maintain servers
- Live Service Management of digital services, including DDaT approach to service management
- Knowledge of HMPO security standards
- HMPO and DDaT change management processes
- HMPO project delivery governance
- Coaching and mentoring
- Knowledge of agile delivery context
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181