Role: Digital Head of Delivery – SC Cleared
IR35: In Scope
Duration: 12 Months
Security Clearance: SC (Must be active – used within the last 12 months)
- Developing strategic department-wide solutions, forward planning to keep up with industry best-practice.
- Bringing the community together, provide a focus for evolving best practice.
- Working in collaboration with the workforce planning to ensure the appropriate technical capacity and capability is in place to design, develop and build digital services.
- Building technical capability for own technical area and, by partnering key stakeholders, build technical awareness across the department.
- Assisting in recruitment of new in-house digital and other technical skills and capabilities.
The role of Head of Digital Operations is a key role within the Digital Delivery Unit with responsibility for the hosting, continual improvement, ongoing development, product support and customer engagement for Navy Command applications in the base and operational environment.
The post holder will be critical to supporting the Royal Navy’s journey to become a fully digital organisation by 2025.
- Responsible for the day-to-day ongoing development, delivery and maintenance of digital products. Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop systems, tools, dashboards to improve performance, communication, and visibility between digital and the rest of the organisation
- Define, develop, and own initiatives that remove blockers and improve the overall performance of the digital team as well as developing and own relationships with external third-parties to ensure effective service delivery.
- To be strongly customer/user focused and outputs driven. A strong knowledge of how to coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes. You can act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
- Experience of successfully leading teams through the full product life cycle. You can identify which tools and techniques should be used at each stage. You can develop sustainable support models. You can identify and deal with potential risks across or between all stages of the product life cycle. You know how to coach others. You can contribute to the assessment of other teams, providing guidance and support as they move through stages of the product life cycle.
Provide product support, help and advice for customers for all application matters in the Fixed environment Provide application hosting and ongoing development services for the Navy
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181