Our client is a leading Central Government body seeking a Technical Design Lead
Technical Design Lead
Salary: £500- £530- per day Umbrella
Contract Length: will run from start date until 31st March 2020 : Possible extension
Interview Process: F2F or Telephone
Security Clearance: BPSS
The Technical Design Lead will provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, services. The TDL will ensure that high level analysis and design work for new initiatives is carried out in order to estimate resource requirements, decide on feasibility and produce high level costs.
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of the end to end technical design and ensuring alignment to the strategic technical architecture.
• Work with delivery teams and partners to break technical requirements down into appropriate pieces, and to identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems.
• Ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
• Advise on, technically lead and implement delivery projects, providing guidance and mentoring in technical delivery and software.
• Provide mentorship for software developers and junior software developers
• Assist with building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement.
• Implementing APIs for internal and downstream use.
• Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
• To work closely with security teams to ensure that security risks are fully identified and appropriate mitigations are delivered.
• Taking part in 2nd-line support of CMS application and platform, including occasional support outside of office hours
• Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option
• Weigh up data from various sources, recognising when to bring in experts/researchers to add to available information
• Ensure the service offer thoroughly considers customers needs and a broad range of available methods to meet this, including new technology where relevant
• Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value
• Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time, rewarding success
• Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages about priorities, objectives and expectations
• Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same
• Weigh up priority and benefits of different actions and activities to consider how to achieve cost effective outcomes
• Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for self and team
• Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work
• Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals
• Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
• Maintain strong working relationships with other TDLs and Architecture Team to ensure consistency and coherence across projects and practices.
• Coach and support colleagues to take responsibility for their own development (through giving accountability, varied assignments and on-going feedback)
• Establish and drive intra and inter team discussions to learn from experience and adapt organisational processes and plans
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts
• Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
• Experience using and deploying on Cloud based platforms
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems