Role: Lead Technical Architect
Contracting Authority: DWP
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: London 3 days a week, Manchester 2 days a week
IR35: Out of Scope
Salary: £800 pd
Minimum Requirement: Come from a Lead Technical Architect Background, this person will sit in Universal Credit, London working for Digital Group supporting with the challenges and supporting all of DWP as required.
This is a very senior role.
Security Clearance: BPSS (must be eligible to go through SC)
CV Deadline: Thursday 7th at 9am
Interview Process: Telephone with DG followed by in person with UC
Lead Technical Specialist Architect
The Lead Technical Specialist Architect is a key role to ensure the Department makes the best use of existing technology, makes considered decisions about future technology investments required to transform the Departments technology architecture.
The Lead Technical Specialist Architect:
• Has a clear understanding of the current technology architecture, creates a definition of the future architecture and provides options for the transformation to that future.
• Defines the future architecture through a set of principles, patterns and standards.
• Articulates the transition from the current to future state (in consideration of the future needs of the business requirements), striking a balance between standardisation, customisation, innovation, costs, and risk management.
• Works closely with the Technical Architects to ensure that the technology solutions being delivered are aligned with and move the architecture from the current to future state.
• Works with Service Designers to take an early view of the potential ask of technology, and understand best application of technology to deliver business change and achieve Departmental objectives
• The Lead Technical Specialist Architect must be industry aware and consider emerging technologies that would benefit the Departments business ask.
The Lead Technical Specialist Architect will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that the solution patterns provided are effective, robust, cost effective, exploitable, flexible and secure that can be delivered, operated and supported
• Providing clear guidance to the Technical Architects and delivery teams of the architectural patterns and blueprints, thus supporting the delivery of the future architecture through solutions that are consistent with domain roadmap
• Collaborating with other Technical Specialist and Functional Technical Architects to assure the integrity and dependency mapping across roadmaps
• Articulating to a professional standard complex technical ideas in clear, informative and accessible language, tailored as necessary for the intended audience
• Communicating, inspiring and building effective relations with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally across all sectors to help shape the on-going technology functional deliveries, so that they meet the objectives of the architecture
• Contributing to the Digital Design Authority by providing help and support projects requiring Domain specific support.
Lead Technical Specialist Architect : Enterprise
The Lead Technical Specialist Architect : Enterprise is a key role to ensure the Department makes the best use of existing technology, makes considered decisions about future technology investments required to transform the Department through technology. Defines the future architecture through a set of strategies, principles, methods, models and tools.
A recognised professional and leader in the IT architecture community.
Experience of delivering, steering and governing large complex IT solutions based on a micro-services architecture. Defining IT architecture strategy, patterns, policies and roadmaps for a large complex IT solution for a major DWP programme.
Provides a robust challenge to major work programme stakeholders, including solution architects, engineers, product owners, delivery managers, and senior civil service policy and operational managers.
Acting as key liaison and arbiter of architecture strategy and roadmap discussion between core DWP Digital domain architecture team and a major DWP work programme.
• Expert in Technology strategy formulation, including the identification and formulation of strategic action plans and application and technology roadmaps. Demonstrating their alignment to user needs, business value, evidence as to why, how, what, who and when things should be done.
• Expert in using architectural principles, methods, models and tools to document and help transform a business.
• Ability to analyse complex technical and organisation issues and formulate innovative, creative, well-reasoned and logical propositions, resolutions and/or responses. Understanding and correlating disconnected documentation and information. Turning this into architectures and models that support technology transformation and change and meet user needs.
• Communication and influencing skills with demonstrable ability to manage and leverage relationships across internal and external stakeholders in a highly matrix and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to communicate and market technical concepts, strategies, ideas and plans to a wide range of stakeholder communities and groups at all levels of an organisation; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualisations, tailored as necessary for the intended audience.