Role: Digital Test Lead
Contracting Authority: UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO)
Contract Length: 6 Months
IR35: In Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £525 UMBRELLA
Please note this role is for a DV cleared Test Automation Lead.
Determine and implement the testing strategy, set testing standards and test metrics.Ensure traceability of testing against requirements.Determine the approach to assurance of supplier testing and the process for end to end testing across the application and dependent systems.Define and implement best practices both within the QA team and across the wider team.Drive the usage of QA frameworks and tools. Lead recruitment to ensure the team continues to deliver and grow.Support continuous improvement in the QA team.
Overview of the role
Acting as the Senior Test Automation Engineer on a project that is replacing one of our Defence related products.
The role will involve writing automated tests using C#, guiding the development team in testing best practices, taking responsibility for the overall testing approach.
• Write acceptance criteria using Behaviour Driven Development methods
• Write, often complex, automated tests using C#
• Monitor automated tests and resolve any failures with automation.
• Be part of a scrum cross functional development team
• Own overall test approach for program ensuring that good practices are applied across all areas.
• Run any manual tests that may be required
• Has a wide range of testing experience
• C# Coding skill to be able to write complex automated tests.
• Has worked in an Agile Environment as part of a cross-functional development team
• Experience of continuous delivery and continuous deployment
• Experience of Team Foundation Server and GIT. Desirables
• Any GIS Testing Experience
• Security Testing The role requires the candidate to already have DV clearance prior to starting work .
UKHO will seek to transfer this to UKHO.
The role requires the candidate to already have DV clearance prior to starting work .