Our client is a leading central government body seeking a Digital Test Lead for an initial 5 month contract based in bristol.
Role: Digital Test Lead
Contract Length: 5months
IR35: Out of Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: 600 p/d
About the role
At Defra, we have a huge role to play across the UK: a role which covers everything from protecting people, properties and wildlife from floods to reducing the impact of climate change. Innovative IT is at the heart of all that we do. It facilitates the achievement of our outcomes and helps us be the best that we can be. In line with the Cabinet Office’s desire to improve our efficiency, we’re investing £40 million into optimising our IT capabilities. We want ensure that every pound of that is well spent and helps enable us to better look after the environment.
Joining us as a Quality Assurance and Test Manager, you’ll play a lead role in driving the testing team forward. It will be your responsibility to analyse business and technical documentation, create test artefacts and carry out testing across multiple phases of the lifecycle.
You will work in a consultancy capacity across multiple projects, working closely with business and technical stakeholders to advise on best practice and to ensure excellent quality outcomes for the customer.
Just like us, you’ll be committed to continuous improvement. This is an opportunity to play a key role in an ambitious investment programme, improving our capabilities and learning new skills along the way.
We’re looking for an experienced Quality Assurance and Test Manager who has all round testing capabilities and has experience in V Model, CI/CD, Waterfall and Agile projects within a large and complex organisation like ours.
The Quality Assurance and Test Manager will be confidently able to:
• Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external partners to influence their activities and promote and enhance the organisation’s goals and reputation.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of delivery processes to ensure best value for money from a testing service
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new tools and approaches including CI/CD, Performance Testing and Integration Testing.
• Communicate with /coach business customers and suppliers to ensure appropriate coverage of risks and to ensure compliance to IT standards.
• Great team working skills, the ability to respond positively to feedback and a good sense of humour!
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
• ISEB or ITSQB testing qualifications in testing and practical testing experience in User Acceptance, Integration, Scrum, Continuous Integration, DSDM and Test Driven Development approaches,
• Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills in a technical test environment
• Experience of change and risk management, planning and estimating
• A good understanding of different user requirement formats and the ability to analyse and create test conditions and acceptance criteria from them.
• Demonstrate experience of software testing preparation, execution and facilitating workshops and quality reviews.
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools and techniques
- Test Automation tools and techniques
- Integration and performance testing
- Technical problem diagnosis and problem resolution. Proactively work with Delivery Lead, Scrum Masters and Release Manager
- Proficient in the use of JIRA
Any exposure to working to Government Digital Standards and TMMi would be highly desirable.
Additional useful information
This role is based in Bristol. Travelling to meet with customers, partners and suppliers is envisaged to be infrequent but this will vary from project to project.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST ANSWER FOLLOWING:
• What are the main considerations when building an automation framework?
• How do you measure Automation ROI?
• What is Risk based approach for testing ?