Our client is a leading Central Government Agency seeking a UX Service/Interaction Designer for an initial 12 Month contract based in Central London.
Rate: £450 per Day
Ideally SC cleared but will consider BPSS candidates happy to go through SC
*IR35 Status **The client has stated that this role is Out of Scope of the off payroll worker legislation**
Senior Service/Interaction Designer
As a Senior Service Designer you’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team. You’ll work alongside other designers, front end developers, researchers and software engineers.
You’ll deliver world class services designed for the people who use them, in line with the governments Digital Service Standard.
As a service designer you will be expected to engage with policy experts, product owners and product team to design the end-to-end journey which may involve the creation of, or change to, transactions, products and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different parts of government.
You will be comfortable with always keeping your eye in the bigger picture whilst not being afraid to roll up your sleeves and get a prototype done.
As a Senior Service/Interaction Designer you will:
• Analyze failure within services and identify root causes for that failure
• Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service
• Understand user needs and identify where separate interactions with government should act as one service that meet that need
• Understand the existing supporting system of a service and design targeted improvements to that system to accommodate the new service - both digital and process based
• Specialise in designing interactions and interfaces for digital services
• Work on all levels of the service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine detail of individual parts
• Work with different types of content and user-led interactions
• Work across digital and non-digital channels
• Understand the technical side of design
• Understand user needs and design services that meet them
• Support discussions at a senior departmental level
• Design user-centred solutions and transaction flows
• Support in a Interaction Design capacity when needed
• Create and rapidly iterate prototypes to help the wider team learn about user needs for different scenarios or tasks
• Work with product owners, other designers, user researchers, business analysts and front-end developers to turn concepts into user-centred services
• Make sure the design of services is consistent internally.
• Take responsibility for creating and keeping up a positive and collaborative working environment
• Help promote best practice
• Share your specialist knowledge and experience with others in the team
• Share work and ideas inside and outside the department for example by representing the Digital design community at events
• Contribute to building a digital culture in the Department
• Play an active part in the department’s Product Design community
• At least 2 to 3 years experience as a service designer or systems thinker.
• Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
• The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g. user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
• Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service
• A diverse set of methods & tools that allow you to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
• Appreciation for and demonstrated ability to connect design solutions to pragmatic implementation
• A belief that a focus on people is fundamental in creating inclusive policies, products and services for social impact.
• Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
• Define elements : layout, design patterns, controls and actions
• Have demonstrable experience of collaborating on designs with a software engineer
• Have demonstrable experience of working in technical teams in complex environments
Ideally you’ll also:
• Have experience of working directly with front-end code to update prototypes : skills in HTML, CSS and java script aren’t essential, but all our designers learn the basics
• Be able to write for user interfaces