Role: EC&I Design Engineer
Contract Length: 12 Months
Salary: £35-39/hr (umbrella)
Security Clearance: Ideally SC Cleared (must be active – used in the last 12 months)
CV Deadline: 25th at 4pm
Interview Process: Telephone / MS TEAMS
Minimum Requirement/Experience required:
- Previous Experience as an Electrical Engineer
- Previous Sellafield experience advantageous – if not Nuclear
- Security Clearance: SC
The Plant Facing Design Office (PFDO) is the organisation within SL that provides professional design support to the Plant Engineering community. The PFDO have a requirement for a CE&I Design Engineer to participate in a team that provides a design service to the Remediation and Waste Management (R&WM) areas, primarily the Effluents, Remediation & HALES OUs but also potentially other OUs as required, subject to PFDO priorities.
This role is as CE&I Design Engineer based in Warrington. The role is to deliver CE&I design solutions in response to problem definitions from the OU system engineering community under the direction of a CE&I Lead Engineer or CE&I Responsible Engineer. Responsibilities will also include assisting / leading designers in the production of design packs.
The role holder will report to a Senior / Lead CE&I Engineer or CE&I Responsible Engineer and will need to be able to fulfil the requirements of SQEP role: SR0754 “CE&I Designer”.
A key aspect of this role is the ability to quickly self-deliver pragmatic CE&I design solutions from a brief problem statement with minimal supervision and to be responsive to changing priorities. It is expected that the role holder will have the ability / experience to produce a design pack in totality including production of CAD drawings when required.
The role involves working collaboratively with the System Engineering community to deliver the best outcome for the business.
There will be no line management duties in this role however the role holder will be expected to support more junior members of the team in the production of design packs.
Typical tasks for the Sellafield R&WM facilities involve resolution of equipment obsolescence issues and specification of replacement items, design substantiation of systems and instruments that provide SM or SRE safety functions, designs for modifications to facilitate plant improvements, redline drawings, PMP reviews, processing of TQs, PPs and ACs etc.
Travel to the Sellafield site, Cumbria may be required in order to undertake plant familiarisation visits / walk downs / surveys.
Design support deliverables will fall into three main categories:
“Routine” design support to Plant Engineering at the request of the respective OUEM, typically comprising:
- Review of PMPs, MSC papers, technical papers, commissioning test documents, etc. and attendance at the relevant Committee meetings. Processing of TQs, Concessions and Production Permits, e.g. for plant spares, etc.
- Obsolescence issues and specifying replacement instruments or parts.
- Review of Drawings and Plant discrepancies and the associated drawing records updates.
- Resolution of minor queries and provision of advice and guidance on design and configuration management.
Design support to urgent plant breakdown issues at the request of the plant operators, typically comprising:
- Attendance at Operational Decision Making meetings.
- Engagement with Design Capability or Project office design engineers for specialist support.
- Preparation of necessary design deliverables in support of plant recovery
Preparation of design packages that will typically include:
- Plant visits and site surveys
- Stakeholder discussions and scope agreement with the client
- Outline Installation Method Statements.
- Equipment Data Sheets
- CDM Risk Assessments
- Substantiation of Safety Systems
- Design reviews
- Record updates
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181