Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire,
Salary: Negotiable (perm or contract)
The Client: A major Automotive OEM
My client provides engineering support and manufacturing solutions for OEM car plants in both the UK and abroad. In addition to this they also support tier one suppliers within the UK.
The dept is primarily responsible for dealing with Weld, Paint & Final Assembly lines.
- Electrical design of manufacturing equipment; including risk assessment, specification, quotation, hardware & software design
- Software design: HMI, PLC & safety
- Hardware design: schematic, panel layout, cable harnesses & parts lists
- Supervision of contract design engineers.
- Project planning & management.
- Supplier Support, development and control.
- Production Support / Problem Countermeasure.
- CE marking of equipment
Qualifications & experience:
- Minimum of 2 years design experience in related industry. (E)
- Design of automated manufacturing/special purpose equipment (E)
- Proficient in AutoCAD (E), preferably AutoCAD Electrical. (D)
- Proficient in PLC programming (E), preferably Omron & Mitsubishi. (D)
- Design of HMI screens (D), preferably Proface, Omron & Mitsubishi (not SCADA)
- Specification & design of schematic circuits (E)
- BIW process knowledge and experience (D)
- Commissioning & maturation of manufacturing equipment. (E)
- Report writing and presentation skills. (D)
- Large and Small Project Control / Supervision. (D)
- Machinery directive / machine building knowledge. (D)
- CE marking & requirement knowledge. (D)
- Design risk assessment capability. (D)
- Degree / HND in relevant engineering discipline (D)
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181