Location: Hackney, London
Salary: £Competitive + benefits
My client is seeking a skilled Electronics Technician to join the team based out of their London office. The candidate must be able to effectively understand and address the needs and problems, and to do so with a small and focused team. The ultimate objective is to deliver a commercially successful product within a reasonable amount of time.
They are looking for an electrical technician whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems in electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on electrical systems, to ensure installations are to company standards.
- Build durability testing rigs in accordance with R&D requirements.
- Run life test-rigs, adapt durability test cycle software/programs where applicable and according to changing R&D needs.
- Identify, escalate (red sheet system), diagnose and repair faulty electrical assemblies.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Development teams to innovate, design and implement innovative solutions
- Source components with sub-suppliers and mass-manufacture partners in order to simplify and reduce potential warranty in mass-production
- Travel to volunteer/patient/press/medical institution trials and assist with product fitment, running and problem diagnosis in a constructive and professional manner.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design and development of electrical systems, ideally within a medical industry, but candidates from other industries are still welcome.
- High proficiency at soldering, PCB construction and surface-mount PCB assembly.
- Knowledge of electronics (analog/digital) and test equipment knowledge helpful.
- Familiar with electromechanical assemblies: motors, sensors, PCBA’s, buttons, etc.
- Knowledge of embedded software development and debugging.
- Professional team-player, with a can-do attitude, share your work in regular weekly team meetings and take guidance in a constructive manner.
- Capable of working in a high degree of technical autonomy and providing advice and guidance to other technical staff.
- Health & safety conscious and do not put yourself or others at any risk of injury.
- Experience delivering the highest quality of workmanship which upholds company standards.
- Solid analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and relentless drive to identify potential problems and take responsibility for their resolution.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181