•Job Title: Enterprise Architect
•CV Submission Deadline: 15.30 26/06/2019
•Deadline for Questions: 4 hours from distribution
•The Maximum Pay Rate: £750
•Location: Outer London: Southern House
•Contract Length: up to 24 months
•Clearance Level Required: SC
•Additional Info: Outside IR35 Description:
Work with others to specify technical requirements to support the objectives and to assist with the selection of suppliers (where appropriate) to fulfil the requirements. Input technical expertise into service requirements; Develop, validate and review conceptual, logical and physical architectural designs; Manage the architectural aspects of the target design, policies and standards, working pro-actively to achieve stable, viable designs.
• Experience in deploying VOIP monitoring services (e.g. IR Prognosis)
• Experience in deploying local CDN services (e.g. Hive)
• Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments
• Practical experience of Cisco firewalls
• Practical experience of Solarwinds
• Exposure to Service Now integration
Key tasks and deliverables
• Produce high and low level designs for the UC service, co-ordinating input from suppliers and internal delivery teams.
• Co-ordinate technical design and delivery across 22 projects.
• Provide input in to impact assessments on requests for change
• Document the high and Low level network design and configuration
• Document the HLD/LLD across desktop services, WLAN/LAN/WAN, including routing, firewalls, connectivity.
• Ensure that network meets the functional and non-functional requirements
• Working in cooperation with testing to ensuring the quality of the resulting services
• Where required, carry out early life support for UC projects.
• In depth understanding of UC concepts including VOIP, QoS, ID authentication, security, connectivity.
• Knowledge and experience of 802.1x (wireless & wired)
• Experience in the design and configuration of large scale, unified comms (voice essential, video/web broadcast desirable) services
• Experience of deploying voice and video over wireless
• Experience in configuration of Cisco routers & switches
• Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
• Production of high quality design, deployment and support documentation
• Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure
• Experience of working in a transformation project
• Familiar with ITIL
• Must have existing Home Office SC clearance
• Must have experience deploying a large scale (?5,000 endpoint) VOIP service.
A Brief Description
• Deliver a workable, supportable technology solution to underpin a 28,000 endpoint unified comms service.
• Develop, validate and review conceptual, logical and physical architectural designs
• Manage the architectural aspects of the target design, policies and standards, working pro-actively to achieve stable, viable UC service designs
• Design and implementation of UC services that will support Home Office adoption of its wireless-based, flexible working strategy
• Diagnosing and resolving network issues.
• Creation of High Level and Low Level designs for UC services.
• Experience of Cisco wired / wireless network, access control, network management, routing and switching products
• Work closely with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders inside and outside of the Home Office, demonstrating good team working and communication skills
• Making sure that the recommended solution is optimal
• Ensure that network design complies with Home Office standards
• Ensuring that technical team designs are consistent, and roll-up to a clear, service-wide set of documentation
• Ensuring that technical designs deal with all parts of the UC service in both production and pre-prod.
• Ensuring that automation opportunities, particularly in the request fulfilment and incident management areas, are taken.
• Act as senior technical authority when presenting technical solutions to governance boards.
• Effectively communicating with project teams, service teams and stakeholders to deliver network requirements
• Acting as an interface between network team, infrastructure, platform and applications teams
Travel to other locations : Occasional travel to other Home Office and partner estates may be required