We are looking for an Enterprise Architect, to join a government project in Leeds. You must be able to work with others to specify technical requirements to support the objectives and to assist with the selection of suppliers (where appropriate) to fulfil the requirements. Input technical expertise into service requirements; Develop, validate and review conceptual, logical and physical architectural designs; Manage the architectural aspects of the target design, policies and standards, working pro-actively to achieve stable, viable designs
Essential Experience: Enterprise skill and implementation of Lan and Wireless, VPN, MPLS, Microsoft cloud Azure Express route
Corporate ICT - Network Infrastructure Current Solution Overview
Produce a document of currently implemented network infrastructure including logical and physical topology diagrams covering all sites and data centres, making reference to incumbent provider design documents as required. Where there are gaps in current understanding and document set, to liaise with incumbent providers to gain a sufficient understanding to be able to directly address those gaps, either by driving out up to date documentation from suppliers or to produce directly. Output from this would be a document that clearly and accurately reflects the current IT network estate that is owned and updated by NHS England Corporate ICT, and that can be used by other parties as a part of a design baseline to plan and deliver against.
NTP - Network Infrastructure Solution Outline Design
Produce a document that outlines the current, transition and end state solutions taking into account the requirements to replace the current network infrastructure as quickly as possible, whilst maintaining live service stability and also the requirement to deliver infrastructure that supports NHS England’s Corporate IT roadmap and Future Services Programme. This document must also detail the key non-functional requirements in areas such as network performance (taking into account areas such as bandwidth, throughput, latency etc) and security. Along with the detailed requirements this will be the key technical document against which suppliers and others will be expected to propose, plan and deliver network solutions.
Must have expert knowledge in;
- Enterprise scale implementations of WAN, LAN and wireless networks
- MPLS networks
- Microsoft Cloud technologies including Azure and ExpressRoute
- VPN, physical and virtual network routing technologies.
- Cisco network products and software : site to site VPN essential
- Network Peering (multiple vendor network provision)
- Software Defined Networks
- All layers of the OSI model
- Network performance modelling
- Network vendor certifications (for example Juniper, Cisco CCar Architect, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCDE)
It would also be desirable to have knowledge of one or more of;
- N3, HSCN and PSN network
Key Business Skill and experience
- Infrastructure project lifecycle
- Product, technology and industry knowledge
- Experience with the design and development of logical and technical architecture models
- Experience with the technical assurance of 3rd party logical and technical architecture models
- Experience with the technical assurance of 3rd party technical designs and implementation plans
- Experience of contributing to and providing technical assurance to the procurement activity of enterprise technology solutions
- SC cleared desirable
This role has been deemed to be outside of IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will not apply to this assignment.