Role :Enterprise Data Architect
Length: 6 Months
Rate:up to £720 inside IR35
Our client is a leading Central Government body looking for an Enterprise Data Architect with experience on Master Data Management for an initial 6 month contract based in Glasgow.
The Architecture team sits within the Technology Group directorate
Its primary purpose is to define, govern and assure the implementation of the client's Technical Architecture.
The team contributes directly to the delivery of our clients Corporate Objectives by defining and governing a single Business led Enterprise Architecture Roadmap; and as curator of the Architecture Roadmap. It manages robust governance, processes and controls, and utilises flexible and responsive sourcing models as appropriate. Being responsible for setting the company's strategic technical direction, the highly productive, skilled and engaged Architecture team operates on industry standards and best practices. Its aim being to deliver a modern, scalable, secure, resilient and safe multi-tiered architectural platform.
Technical experience required for the role:
• Strong specialist experience in a wide range of the following areas:
Information modelling, information visualization, data analytics, data warehousing, metadata, semantics and ontologies within a complex enterprise Data layer, design and architecture of complex IT solutions
Logical and Physical data models with hands-on experience with data and process modelling tools
RDBMS technologies and SQL development
Modern data management concepts including Big Data stack, NoSQL, in-memory DBMS and data caching
Some familiarity and experience in data protection and information security.
Large scale systems and information and technology architectures; including application integration patterns, messaging, service-oriented architecture, information models, and data lineage.
• Familiarity with key architectural concepts and trends - e.g. Microservice, Data Warehousing, Digital, Big Data, Omni-Channel.
• Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Domain Architecture, Data/Information Architecture
• Strong understanding of large scale system, information and technology architectures, including application integration patterns, messaging, service-oriented architecture and information models.
• Experience of working in a multi-vendor environment and of integrating disparate technologies
• A track record in design and architecture of complex IT solutions having worked closely with Business, Solution, Security and Infrastructure Architects to ensure that the application architectures of the solutions is aligned to the overall technology roadmap and meets the business needs.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results under demanding timelines
• Willingness to learn new technologies, methodologies, applications and grow with team
• Experience in communicating at all levels including at an executive level with partners and senior management.
• Demonstrable experience in enterprise and data architecture frameworks and patterns (e.g. Knowledge of TOGAF methodologies and Archimate modelling language)
• Experience in leading a team of professional level staff.
• Accountable for architectural design and documentation within the data services layer of multi-tiered architectural platforms
• Responsible for defining and implementing the procedures and processes by which the Data Architecture is maintained and how this is integrated into the wider enterprise architecture in order to assure the quality, design and integrity of the systems held within the client's estate as its design is created or changed.
• Develop and enforce design principles, strategies, policies, standards and practices whilst ensuring that appropriate standards (corporate, government, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
• Encourage and drive a culture of technical excellence, co-operation, and collaboration across all stakeholders by providing a high level of advice and leadership in relation to solution and data architecture and solution designs
• Lead technical forums and design clinics, working collaboratively to optimise your own and other’s designs
• Lead the development/review of Technical Architectural goals, principles, practices, and standards
• Analyze and translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines enterprise level solutions integrating across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives
• Responsible for ensuring current state analysis of platform performed, identification and understand areas of risk, improvement and opportunities to meet technical strategy
• Govern and assure the data services layer ensuring it is on a secure, scalable, robust and accredit able stack
• Responsible for definition and refinement of the data services layer’s Transition and Target states
• Responsible for ensuring the current, transition and target technical architecture for the data services layer are documented and maintained within the Enterprise Architecture
• Ownership of the data services layer roadmaps