Role: Finance Business Analyst
Location: Remote (occasional site visits – 1-3/month – Harwell)
Rate: £500-700/day (Umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
- To help develop and deliver capital programme financial control improvements
- To assist in the standardisation, automation, simplification of processes and data flows.
- Creation of single-source data and reporting.
- To develop and help drive financial alignment through enhanced financial and management accounting.
- To provide expertise in project accounting transformation, through budget and cost breakdown structures. Develop processes to maintain and support change.
- To assist in the development of project orientated reporting, both from a management and control perspective.
- To assist in the drive towards a multi-year financial horizon as part of the company wide initiative to move towards whole life project cost reporting.
- Providing advice, guidance, and support on the overall objectives of the Finance Improvement Project.
- Development and implementation:
- Agree cost and work breakdown structure alignment and common project coding, eliminating, or minimising any mapping needs.
- Disaggregation of 22/23 budgets into new dimensional accounting structure and definition of future budget process to reflect.
- Allocations - agree and implement intra-company cross charge / reporting mechanism for indirect overheads. Agree the cut-off point for direct vs. indirect resource allocation
- Financially experienced analyst, with background in chart of accounts, budgets, allocations, project accounting, cost management and control, variances. – Ex-Trader/Analyst doesn’t need to be in accounting role.
- Business partnering and stakeholder management skills ideally with some ‘evolving organisation’ and change experience.
- Experience with disparate systems, interfacing and mapping, data manipulation.
- Experience with process design and mapping.
- Highly competent in Excel. Capable in Word, PowerPoint and other business software tools.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181