Role: Fire Safety Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes / London (some remote working)
Rate: £471/ day (umbrella)
Duration: 9 Months
CV Deadline: 10th June COP
- Fire safety (not fire service people generally unless they have done fire safety)
- Building control
- Building regulations and reform order for England & Scotland
- Rail experience – ideal
Working on enabling works on HS2 at Euston, Waterloo International refurb, Clapham junction fire safety project. Support general for Waterloo and Euston. Providing support to engineers in the regions.
- Develop and produce policy, fire risk control arrangements (including standards, procedures and codes of practice) and fire safety training requirements.
- Undertake fire safety inspection and risk assessment of the property portfolio and Network Rail controlled infrastructure.
- Identify and develop appropriate engineering controls for reducing the risk of fires.
- Provide design advice and technical review for proposed alterations to the property portfolio and Network Rail controlled infrastructure.
- Review fire safety aspects of the ROGS applications of train operating companies.
- Provide effective fire safety advice and support to Network Rail line management.
- Undertake regular liaison arrangements with local rail industry managers and staff and officers of the Fire Authorities, the safety regulator and other relevant bodies to safeguard Network Rail’s interests, with regard to fire safety.
- Direct the investigation of significant fires affecting the property portfolio or Network Rail controlled Infrastructure.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181