Fire Test Engineer
Location: Birkenhead, Wirral, Chester, Ellesmere Port
Salary: Up to 32k + 30% Bonus (dependant on performance)
The Client: My client is a long-standing business with many global units including Thermal Ceramics, Technical Ceramics, Electrical Carbon, Fire Protection
Fire testing is critical to the development of the companies portfolio of accredited fire protection systems that are to be placed on the market in compliance with National and/or International regulations.
The Fire Test Engineer is responsible for the complete management of external fire test projects carried out at third-party fire test laboratories on systems and products manufactured by the company. In addition to these external fire tests, liaison with the Centre of Excellence on exploratory fire testing using the companies small-scale and medium-scale fire testing furnaces will also be required.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that these external fire tests are properly planned, monitored and executed in order to achieve the objective of a successful outcome from the test.
- Planning & Management of fire testing schedule with Fire Protection Management
- Specification of test construction and scope of testing with Fire Protection Management, coordinating testing scope with external 3rd party certification bodies
- Work closely with testing laboratories (mostly within Europe, occasionally outside Europe) on test construction details
- Full responsibility of logistics for test: materials sourcing both of company products and externally-supplied materials such as test specimens, installation labour contracting, 3rd party accreditation needs for supervision or production sampling requirements etc. Purchase order placing and cost control.
- Fully responsible for the programs of installation work and third party witnessing
- Supervision of test installation, documentation of test construction including any required technical drawings
- Collaborating with the CoE on management of schedules and programs for the in-house fire testing facilities.
- Previous experience in fire testing management for a passive fire protection material manufacturer, ideally in the construction or maritime/offshore sectors
- Experience working for a third-party certification authority or fire testing laboratory with specific involvement in fire resistance testing (as opposed to material fire reaction testing)
- Project management skills together with a clearly demonstrable knowledge of the applicable fire testing standards and certification regimes applicable in the construction and marine / offshore sectors
- CAD skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office WORD, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Detailed knowledge of testing standards and certification regimes applicable in construction and marine sectors for passive fire protection systems
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181