• Job Title: Firewall/Network Engineer
• IR35 Scope: In Scope
• CV Submission Deadline: 03/04 11.30am
• The Maximum Pay Rate to candidate: £350.00 Umbrella
• Location: Intellectual Property Office Wales:Concept House
• Travel: Occasional
• Contract Length: 6 months
• Security Clearance Level Required: SC Clearance : Please note IPO will bring the candidate on site with a Disclosure Scotland and will apply for their Clearance whilst on site.
- Proactive management of IT systems, to ensure that potentially service impacting issues are detected and resolved before they affect customers or IT service.
- To ensure all IT systems are backed up securely and that the data is demonstrably recoverable.
- To implement, validate and maintain disaster recovery procedures to ensure that all IT systems can be restored within agreed timescales in the event of an incident or major disaster.
- To carry out capacity planning activities on IT systems, making recommendations as to how and when the operational infrastructure should be changed in order to maximise service availability.
- Ensuring that all operational exceptions are resolved appropriately, and ensuring that preventative measures are implemented.
- To perform detailed analysis of IT system events and incidents, where the data available is highly complex and may contain conflicting information or indicators. Identifying performance trends and their causes, and implementing mechanisms to improve service delivery to IT customers.
- To validate the provision of all new systems delivered from other IT departments, or external suppliers, ensuring that they are appropriately documented and tested and will interoperate in a known way with existing systems and infrastructure.
- To ensure that change control methodologies are developed, adhered to and maintained on all IT systems.
- To stay abreast of industry standards and research new technologies, understanding how they can best be incorporated into the operational infrastructure and developing solutions to deliver the strategic aims of IT.
To provide support for, and development of, IPO’s firewall estate (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA) alongside current team members.
Assist in the design and build of IPO’s secure network and remote access provision, using Cisco ASA (AnyConnect), Checkpoint, and Cisco ISE. Provide technical designs Advise, provide and support firewall solutions eg for application developments Troubleshoot firewall problems Mentor a member of staff new to firewalls Firewall documentation - verify and provide additional documentation
Firewall : current and extensive experience of: Checkpoint and Cisco ASA. VPNs: Cisco AnyConnect is used for remote staff access;
VPNs to Cloud services in Azure. Network technologies : switching, routing and IP protocols. within a Cisco environment Hold a CCNP or equivalent level experience.
Cisco ISE Wireless technologies Experience of providing secure network solutions (SDN) in a Cloud environment (currently Azure but may expand)