Role: Governance & Controls Risk Manager – SC Cleared
Location: Hybrid/WFH (potential 2 days/week – London or Milton Keynes)
Rate: £400/day (umbrella)
Duration: 8 Months
Security Clearance: Active SC essential & Sole Uk National
- To coordinate and maintain the necessary cadence and logistics to support governance, decision making, information flow and scheduling
- Ensure the necessary flows of information between the boards and scheduling to ensure they are sequenced correctly
- Maintain and update the Terms of reference (TORs) for various boards and seek opportunities for continuous improvement to maximise effectiveness
- Own and ensure effective management of the Digital Service risk, dependencies and issues registers, ensure risk actions are tracked, monitored and followed up, monitoring actions with board members to ensure they are delivered.
- Provide clear reporting and visibility of the risk profile at a senior level, reporting the impacts of mitigation, and support the governance and controls lead in providing clear reporting and material to assist in briefing SLT, boards and leads
- Work with other teams across the Digital Service as change is introduced to capture risks and advise of potential risks¸ ensuring action is taken where possible to mitigate corporate risk and lessen the impact of issues, ensuring owners are identified to take forward actions
- Support in all elements of governance as the service is matured.
- Ensure that there are clear records of decisions, track and monitor the actions with board members to ensure they are delivered
- Ensuring the right representation is present at each forum, challenging extra membership where it is not appropriate or where members are not empowered with sufficient decision making authority
- Attend and actively contribute to the Operations & Administration and Performance Board as well as any other boards as required by the Operations Manager and Governance and Controls Lead.
- Proven understanding of operational Governance; structures, TORs, and information flows.
- Proven hands on experience of supporting or coordinating Governance and decision making within an Operational /Service or Programme Environment
- Experienced in Risk, Issue and Dependency management
- A proactive approach and a focus on continuous service improvement, with an appetite to work with others to simplify processes and improve efficiency.
- Ability to be flexible and prioritise important issues
- Demonstrate competence in organising complex logistics
- Proven ability to successfully engage with senior stakeholders, communicate succinctly and clearly.
- Experienced in providing clear reporting to a range of audiences including SLT and leadership boards
- Experience of working within a Cloud Service Environment
Location flexible, need to be prepared to be on site in any of the following locations 2 days per week if required: King Charles Street London, Hanslope Park Milton Keynes, Abercrombie House East Kilbride
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181