Role: Ground Electrician
Contract Length: 22 months
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Security Clearance: SC (Must be active)
Interview Process: Skype Interview/Telephone
Please only apply for this role if you hold SC Clearance which is valid (used within the last 12 months)
• Power generation equipment
• Hydraulic servicing equipment
• Pneumatic servicing equipment
• Airfield arresting systems
• Lifting equipment’
To support the delivery of the engineering outputs to enhance capability and reputation; and to repair, maintain and/or improve the quality of it's products, services and advice to customers. To support the development of work plans, including identification of improvements to systems, capabilities and/or process. To use existing and emerging engineering practice to support the delivery of the work plans, which repair, maintain and/or improve systems and products and provide advice and services for the benefit of customers. To contribute to the generation and presentation of documentation and reports internally and externally in order to meet the needs of the customer, including; maintaining capability, integrity, standards; and/or communicating advice and knowledge and/or promoting reputation. To support other team members to improve the effectiveness of the team. To carry out continuing professional development in line with current and future needs.
• 1st & 2nd line maintenance and rectification of all Major & Minor Airfield Support Equipment (ASE), Service applied electrical equipment, Aircraft batteries and Motor Transport Vehicles.
• Ensuring that correct engineering practices and standards are maintained IAW current AP’s and technical publications.
• Ensuring that all engineering maintenance documentation is maintained and complete IAW current AP’s and technical publications.
• Ensure that the Stations Health & Safety and environmental policy are adhered to at all times
• Any other tasks as directed by OC, WO, FS or Trade Manager’s in GEF.
• Experience of working within the Defence Aviation Environment.
• Experience of Airfield Support Equipment repair and maintenance.
• Experience of Joint Asset Management and Engineering Solutions (JAMES) desirable.
• Driving Licence
• Good Team Worker - Individual will be required to work as part of a team or independently. All work conducted will be subject to supervisor stage checks.
• Microsoft Office literate - Word and Excel is desirable.
Routine maintenance of Airfield Support Equipment electrical systems. Diagnosis and repair of Airfield Support Equipment within a bay environment and, where required, at the front line customer around Station.
Electrical ASE aspects including:
• Electrical power generators.
• Hydraulic power systems.
• Pneumatic power systems.
• Electrical aspects of airfield arresting systems.
• Temporary Electrical Installations.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181