Role: Ground Segment Security Officer
Contract Length: 6 months intially
Location: Inner London
IR35: Out of Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £650
Security Clearance: Must have DV or be willing to undergo
CV Deadline: COP Tuesday 3rd Sept
Interview Process: Likely to be F2F in London
The UK Space Agency is leading the definition and development of options for a UK Global Satellite Navigation System. The programme, undertaken with the full support of the Ministry of Defence, is designed to give Government the option of proceeding with a new UK system to offer full services by the late 2020s. The programme is expected to cost between £3-5bn over that period and will seek to deliver a significant improvement in UK resilience.
This post will play a key role in the programme’s security team. The Ground Segment Security Officer, reporting to the Security Director will support the delivery of the security elements of the Ground segment architecture, ensuring the Ground Segment Contractor is performing and delivering the required tasks, ensuring secure delivery against technical requirements
To move to full procurement of a UK GNSS system, a series of authorisations by Ministers and Government (e.g. HMT) will be required, for example a Full Business Case. The post holder will lead the security contributions to these authorisations.
Establish effective working relationships with relevant OGDs and other public bodies to engage them in Ground Segment development and implementation for and within the programme, and to ensure that they have a common understanding of the programme’s Ground Segment requirements and objectives coupled with the programme’s aims.
• Identify opportunities to engage OGDs and other public bodies on the programme to secure buy-in.
• Provide briefing with regards to Ground Segment, and security input into UKSA and BEIS procedures as required to support the programme (e.g. reviews, reporting).
• Ensure that the programme embeds Ground Segment security as a programme and business enabler rather than technically-led.
• Lead of the delivery of specified Ground Segment security and system security documentation.
• Identify and challenge any failure of the programme to act in accordance with the security policy objectives so that it can be considered and addressed if necessary.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of GNSS Security work is required.
• Experience of Cyber security implementation is required.
• Experience of working on a programme or project would be an advantage.
• The ability to draft clearly and concisely, and to communicate effectively is required.
• Security Policy experience would be desirable