Role: Head of Fixed Networks
Location: Corsham/Remote (on site 3 days/week)
Rate: 900/day max
Duration: 9 Months
Security Clearance: Active SC Essential
CV Deadline: 23rd July
- To provide the programmatic and technical oversight of the Fixed Networks and Voice delivery teams to ensure that programmes are delivered on time, to budget and quality
- To be accountable for obtaining all relevant approvals for the Fixed Networks and Voice portfolio by working with Finance and the Scrutiny teams.
- To work with military colleagues in Strategic Command to ensure that Key User Requirements are met.
- To work with the Security team to ensure that programmes are complaint with standards for security and requirements for resilience and business continuity.
- To work with the Service Operations team to ensure new and migrated services are handed over to Operations efficiently and effectively with no degradation of services to end users.
- To manage and hold to account suppliers delivering the Fixed Networks and Voice portfolio by working with the Commercial team to manage supplier performance.
- To work with the SROs for the programmes and the DD central PMO to ensure that programme governance is met and that relevant metrics for programme performance are provided in a timely fashion for production of programme control reports.
- To ensure that all programmes and projects are managed in accordance with the MOD standards and policies on project and programme management. To lead the development of migration strategies and delivery plans for services that are about to expire to ensure continuity of services and security for end users.
- To act as the Service Executive and be accountable for all the successful delivery of all services provided by the Fixed Networks and Voice programmes .
- To act as a member of the Leadership team of the DD Service Delivery Organisation.
The following skills and experience are required for the role:
- A thorough technical understanding of networks, technologies and network security
- A successful track record of leading large scale technology programmes migrations and service delivery
- Excellent commercial skills and the experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers including performance management, contractual negotiation and dispute resolution.
- Significant experience of managing £multi-million budgets, complex risks and interdependencies along with in-depth knowledge of financial management and forecasting.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of building and leading high performance teams and managing a complex user base.
- The Gravitas and experience of working with senior leaders to support DD Transformation and lead the change activities including improvement of the professionalisation of the Programme Delivery teams.
- Experience of working with Investment Approvals Committees to ensure timely and efficient production of analyses and documentation to support the defence approvals processes.
- A highly motivated technology professional who is able to identify and focus on the issues that matter, to separate the urgent from the important, and to provide clear, coherent direction on complex issues to the Fixed Networks & Voice teams, DD senior leaders suppliers and other third parties.
- A keen interest in their own development, and in contributing as part of the broader Departmental Senior Leadership team
- Thorough, demonstrable knowledge of technology, networks and network security,
- Proven track record of successful delivery of £multi-million, technically demanding programmes.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of operating at a senior level within a complex IT organisation
- Demonstrable experience of industry engagement; supported by an established network of contacts.
- Collaborating - working with others in cross functional and pan-organisational teams to create solutions.
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and solutions clearly and enthusiastically to a full range of stakeholders, from corporate CEOs through to deep technical architects and developers.
- Critical thinking - logically identifying and analysing how different approaches are strong or weak.
- Creative problem solving - Finding a better way to solve problems through the application of different novel techniques.
- A passion for your work.
Security Clearance: SC mandatory
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181