Location: Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands
Rate: £28,000 Circa
The Client: A major manufacturer of bespoke machinery used in a variety of industries including: Construction, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Subsea and Power
- Designated Management Representative as defined within external standards for HSSEQ Management Systems for the Derby facility.
- Proactively support the organization in complying with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, ensuring compliance across all departments.
- Maintenance & ongoing development of the organizations HSSEQ management systems (including the management and continual retention of all required 3rd party certifications).
- Leading and mentoring on the effective assessment of all hazards/risks within the organization reducing residual risk to ALARP.
- Develop and provide HSSEQ training and mentoring to all employees as required including new starter orientations/inductions.
- Development and delivery of the annual HSSEQ Plans including measurement of achievement of the set goals and targets.
- Development and delivery of the annual HSSEQ Audit Plan including management of resulting corrective and preventative actions.
- Provision of coaching support to all employees in the resolution of all internal/external issues, establishing focused CI (continual improvement)/activities.
- Reporting and investigation of all HSSEQ incidents including root causes analysis as required to facilitate problem resolution utilizing LEAD tools and techniques as appropriate.
- Establishment, development and implementation of a robust and efficient companywide traceability system (forwards/backwards).
- Manage and development of the Document Control System
- Performs document control functions including document login, tracking, processing, approval, distributing, and archiving.
- Ensures that all new/updated documents are in the proper format prior to release, including reformats the document when possible
- Coordinates the revision, review, and approval of documents
- Serves as subject matter expert on document management process and assists internal customers with document change activities based on company procedures and requirements.
- Responsible for the on-line document system (library) and any other HSSEQ Software in place (create new user, revoke former users, update profile, etc.…)
- Identifies the repetitive deviations in practices.
- Suggest scopes for improvement and actively participate in their implementation (e.g. training of users, modification of the on-line document library : SharePoint / OSHENS…).
- Provide administrative support to the ESSA HSSEQ Team with regards to:
- You will be the company’s key administer the company’s databases for safety training, incident management, action tracking and document management.
- You will be the focal point for the collation and preparation of bid/tender documentation packs
- You will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of customer/supplier required registration portals (example ISN Net).
- To represent the organization in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally. Follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures “lead by example”. Be an ambassador for the businesses in particular ensure that HSSEQ comes first at all times.
Required - A recognised ONC or HNC in an engineering discipline and minimum 2 years in a QHSE officer/advisors role and recognised auditing qualification (preferably IRCA recognised).
Desirable - A NEBOSH General Certificate
- Ideally have an HSSEQ background with 2-3 years of hands on experience with document control
- Experience in the administration and ongoing development of SharePoint based systems
- Knowledge of certified management requirements : specifically ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001
- Well-organized and detailed oriented professional, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with electronic document management systems a plus, in particular SharePoint
- Must be self-motivated with ability to handle, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and able to perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to promote joint action, cooperation and communication to achieve results between functions for broader and more complex operation or management issues and activities
- Advanced computer skills, with proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Occasional travel within the UK and wider to company locations may be required.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181